CI+Vaal Pact+Ghost Reaver not getting leech, why?

Hello

I have character with about 10k Energy Shield and 2% attack damage leech (to Energy Shield with Ghost Reaver) with Vaal Pact to get instant leech. I use Blade Flurry and have tool tip damage about 6k (i think that is good, uber izaro died in couple of seconds) and have also poison and added chaos damage top of that dps that is not in the tool tip.

Anyways my life (ES) leech sucks big time, i get about 100 energy shield per second or not any when attackin mobs or bosses. Only when releasing Blade Flurry stacks (6) i get some more but that is still only three of four hundreds energy shield per release. I tried Cyclone and life (ES) leech was also very poor.

Here is my character and gear.

Characters name is "Prince_Hyaon"
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Redherring13/characters

Why my leech sucks so badly?

It is like some thing is preventing my life leech to work.

Could it be because most of my energy shield comes from my shield? I also have accuracy of 87% so I think im hitting the mobs most of the time.

I dont have this problem with my other characters that use Vaal Pact and Leech.
Last edited by Redherring13 on Jan 21, 2017, 2:59:55 AM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 4:09:54 AM
mmm, Ive posted many times asking if attack leech is somehow bugged with es builds. I have a claw build that has double your amount of attack leech with a 400pdps claw and my returns on leech are extremely small, basically if I take off vaal pact I can barely notice I even have leech. I swapped to that claw from a mirrored dagger I was using, with the dagger I had half as much leech and even with vaal pact I couldnt notice I had any leech at all, it just seemed to do nothing essentially.

If I use warlords with arc on a caster, doing a lot less dps, my es just fills up instantly, blaevortex warlords fills up instantly...? I dunno mate.
for BF, attack speed is very important. since you use a shield (no dw bonus) and a relatively low attack speed dagger, you probably need something else to hedge it aside from a silver flask. maybe vaal haste.

with that said, at 6k average damage and 2% leech, you should be leeching at least 120 es per hit per monster.
so against a pack, you should fill up to full most of the time. you're also crit so it should be quite noticeable spikes.

for what its worth, I was using a 300 dps dagger and acuities last league with bf on a life build, and I had no problem leeching close to 5k life very fast. but that was with abyssus I think my tooltip dps was lower than yours, but I also was dual wield and had 1.9 aps 300+ dps dagger.

Last edited by grepman on Jan 21, 2017, 4:10:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info