Donald Trump already wasting valuable resources

I mean he used like 40 pens, that are probably 10 bucks a piece, to sign all those documents and shit. Meanwhile people dying in the streets. /yawn
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2017, 8:17:34 PM
That's a tradition that goes back almost a century, they are given out as commemorative souvenirs. It's usually done when presidents signs a bill, can't say I've noticed it done for inaugurations but it is Trump we're talking about. :P

40ish isn't even really that much. Lyndon Johnson used 72 pens when he signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
That's a tradition that goes back almost a century, they are given out as commemorative souvenirs. It's usually done when presidents signs a bill, can't say I've noticed it done for inaugurations but it is Trump we're talking about. :P

40ish isn't even really that much. Lyndon Johnson used 72 pens when he signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

yeah. excess and waste.
Ooh. Pens are one of my many cash-sinks. I have a pretty decent collection of fountain pens accumulated over the years. Can we turn this into a pen talk thread, rather than a show of ignorance regarding the traditions around the signing of Presidential documents?

Personal favorites I have, that I use on the regular:

My every day writer is a Lamy 2000. The shape and size is comfortable for my hands, and the ink reservoir is large enough that I rarely have to refill. I use a fine nib, because of the kind of writing I do in my day to day work.

My favorite "fun" pen though is the Namiki Falcon, which has an amazing flex nib on it that makes for some craaaaazy stuff. This video shows what it can do (and is reallllly well made):

Namiki Falcon in action
U MAD?
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Just think about how much ink John Hancock wasted signing the Declaration of Independence.

THis problem is ingrained in American politics.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
I agree. Instead, Trump should take those pens, load them into a crossbow and shoot those antifa "protesters" that are destroying public property.

You save on repairs and on welfare cheques. win-win.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I got her a Caran d'ache and a Sailor. The latter was just a joke because last year I got her a moon ring and she's an epic Sailor Moon nut. Her PoE avatar is the witch as a Sailor Scout...

It'd be nice if GGG would ever get around to giving Infernal Mantle its 3D art - unless there's some copyright problems.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Air...
No rest for the wicked.
IMO, the best pens at the moment are Japanese. Pilot, Namiki, Sailor, Platinum, etc. are all phenomenal quality products for the price. Charan, if your lady friend stays interested in pens, I highly recommend looking in that direction for higher end writing tools.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Charan, if your lady friend stays interested in penis, I highly recommend looking in that direction for higher end tools.

LOL, fixed. The teenager in me just couldn't resist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info