[Fan Fiction] Shoelaces

Spoiler

This is a brief tale about "Electric" - my Hand of Wisdom and Action Raider.

As with my "Noxic" tales, this one too is based loosely on my experiences while playing Path of Exile. I hope you like it :-)
=========
"Over here!," reluctantly hailed Vorici, the Master Assassin.

If truth be known, Vorici was regretting his previous assassination attempt on the Scion, Noxic. Not only did the attempt fail, but Noxic had gone into hiding.

Cheerful, reliable, Noxic...

Although Noxic was a miscreant counterfeiter, at least she could be depended upon.

Dependable was not a trait one would associate with the character, "Electric."
------------
"Huh," replied Electric, yawning.

"This way Exlie," continued Vorici. "I have a very important mission for you. Attend carefully!"

Electric made her way over to Vorici. Not again, she thought to herself. He's going to keep talking and talking and talking... might as well get this over with.

"Are you listening Exile?," Vorici all but shouted. The last mission he gave to Electric didn't fare well and he was beginning to have serious doubts about entrusting Electric with anything more complicated than tying her shoes.

"What?," said Electric.

"Oh nevermind, continued Vorici. Now here's the mission. There's a certain deviant who..."

To Electric this was all very boring. She had places to go! Things to do! And meanwhile, the Assassin was droning on and on about... uh, just what was he saying?

"Blah, blah, Kaylor blah, but be especially sure not to blah, blah," finished the Assassin - or so it seemed to Electric.

"Have I made myself clear?"

"Oh, absolutely, Great One, absolutely clear," Electric blurted out - this seemed to be the correct response to shut the Assassin up. And indeed, it worked!
===========
So off went Electric on a mission concerning a certain noble named "Kaylor."
===========

Kaylor was to be killed summarily, along with all his guards. Er, well, probably that was the mission.

At least the last mission went like that. Or was it the mission before that? Or...
------------
Up ahead, Kaylor and his retinue came into view.

Immediately, Electric sprang into action, unleashing a volley of thrown knives. Kaylor and his guards stood no chance, dying under the hail of blades.
=============
Off to the side, the Master Assassin stood, observing proceedings.

"No!," shouted Vorici. "You idiot, Electric! I told you to sneak past Kaylor and open his treasure chest!"

At the commotion, Electric turned and spotted Vorici. There he stood, jumping excitedly up and down, gesturing, and shouting something.

"Blah, blah, blah... treasure chest!," bellowed Vorici.

"No problem boss, grinned Electric." She winked at the Assassin by way of acknowledgement. "Glad to be of service."
===================
Spoiler

And this is pretty much how all my Vorici missions go now. For you see, Vorici is level 8, and it's nice to kill whatever rogue he spawns just for the drops.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jan 20, 2017, 10:35:24 AM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 12:57:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info