Making Path of Exile into a D&D adventure

Hello everyone,
I am currently working on taking path of exile and turning it into a D&D campaign. The whole goal is to combine the two games that i love and i want to make the story line of path of exile into D&D and eventually post it here so other fans and players of D&D can play even if you haven't played Path of exile before it will feel like very fresh and new while players of path will find it fimiliar and fun and a really cool way of playing path of exile and D&D.
I will be posting more as i come up with the campaign.
Tell me what you think of this 😁
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2017, 6:05:36 PM
Just ran the first test to see how strong I can make the monsters and what they would be up against. so far it works well and we had a lot of laughs as the 2 players couldn't kill a single zombie for a few turns. Going to work on the actual story line to get to lioneyes watch and post a link so everyone can see the plot line. remember it is the plot line of Path of Exile so it will be a lot of fun.
I did that once. It turned out okay, I think because my players weren't too fond of PoE and picked up on the connection they kinda derailed everything I had planned.

It started with them rowing ashore on a small boat because the weather was too rough to dock at Sunset Watch. The beach was occupied by a hut with an orc that attacked my party, at half health he regained hit points.

They entered Sunset Watch which was overrun with refugees. My party harassed the Nessa-like character that was running the show and gave her shit for not having the operation in order. A weird shaman guy asked them to recover supplies and medicine from a shipwreck further up the coast with was occupied by a group of young bandits.

My party went out of town and saw that the beaches were occupied by tent cities full of ailing refugees (This was just for extra flair). They eventually found the shipwreck and killed a couple bandits, including their leader, who then submitted and gave up their loot. The bandits told my party that there was a witch stirring up trouble with demonic and/or undead rituals. The bandits were just taking advantage of the vulnerability of refugees.

They returned the supplies and were rewarded with health potions. I tried to elude to a cave set-up (like a fetid pool kinda gimmick with a flesh golem boss) but my buddies were having a hard time taking the bait, so instead I just improvised with a wave taking out half the beach camps and swarms of octopus-like creatures (merveil's creatures) attacked the refugees. The party and some local defenders helped fight back the monsters who were dragging people back to the water (One of 'em almost got one of my players). When that was finished one of the players rolled a good perception check and saw a witch on a ridge moving her hands and body in rythmic motions, then she disappeared (looked like a mix between Catarina and Yolandi Visser).

A buddy who had never played PoE liked the game, but the others gave me shit for it afterwards for the cut'n'paste set up.

I think it'd be more fun if your players enjoy PoE and knew it was a replica kinda deal.
Last edited by gloryhole88 on Nov 12, 2017, 11:24:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info