To sum up all frustrations!!!

Issues on pc version still unsolved:

1-crapton on serverside problems (have u played a full party rota recently?). I find this issue being the most offensive since it has a direct impact on the quality of the product; IF u think it my be my comp or internet connection let me stop u right there: i7 4790k; 980ti; 16gbram; 850pro SSD; 1000bmps internet connection;

2-balance is pants on head re*****d (i'm not expecting moba lvl of balance but COMEOOOONNNNN) *here we include: life/ES, melee, double dipp, lightning and cold vs fire........u can add if i missed something;

3-QOL improvement we asked for since beta were a no show (mainly mtx related ones...).

Personal annoyance(me being a dik): Changes made to the game to acomodate consloes: the nerfes to the most fun builds(coc, mjolner, cospris, srs). They specified that the nerfs were made to improve performance = LIES (see point 1 above);
I would be A OK with performance problems as long as lets me do something unique, that I cant do in other games. I rather have old coc with a LESS damage mult on it than the current one.
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 9:27:14 AM
to sum your's up:

server side problems are independent if the client side is a xbox1 (which basically is a pc) or a gaming pc

the guys adjusting the balance knobs aren't the ones doing the client programming

quality of life issues weren't prevented by some guys adding a console user interface to the code

people with toasters already profited from the nerf of certain client side effects
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 19, 2017, 8:44:27 AM
"
vio wrote:
to sum your's up:

server side problems are independent if the client side is a xbox1 (which basically is a pc) or a gaming pc

the guys adjusting the balance knobs aren't the ones doing the client programming

quality of life issues weren't prevented by some guys adding a console user interface to the code

people with toasters already profited from the nerf of certain client side effects

To sum your summation:
Server will be less of an issue..To Xbox players, PC players are still screwed.
The money that could've gone to hiring more people for balance or QOL has instead gone to people for Console development, and you're okay with that.

People act like because X person doesn't work on balance, he doesn't affect it...No, his paycheck could directly have gone to someone else, who WOULD be working on balance. When you only have so much money, you need to prioritize the spending well....GGG has now, visibly, prioritized this console port above balance and QOL.

- Sheepster
If the money spent on developing a console version pays off in a high rate of return, I'm all for it. We have to wait and see.

If the existence of a console version has a positive/negative affect on our game... we have to wait and see.

If they would have otherwise spent the money on coke and hookers, we'd never know.
"
Nssheepster wrote:

the xbox1 basically is pc hardware running a win10 and a amd cpu which supports up to directx 11 game code.

performance improvements for the xbox1 will also improve the code for pc users who still run toasters for gaming.

edit: it's not that i'm not worrying about the implications.

i hate consoles with passion, could never understand how one could have fun playing first person shooters on consoles with auto aiming and probably will not understand how micromanaging your poe stuff on consoles ever will be fun.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 19, 2017, 9:17:46 AM
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
vio wrote:
to sum your's up:

To sum your summation:
The money that could've gone to hiring more people for balance or QOL has instead gone to people for Console development, and you're okay with that.

People act like because X person doesn't work on balance, he doesn't affect it...No, his paycheck could directly have gone to someone else, who WOULD be working on balance. When you only have so much money, you need to prioritize the spending well....GGG has now, visibly, prioritized this console port above balance and QOL.

Please, tell us more about how GGG should be running their company. You seem to know everything.

"
DDusk wrote:
(i'm not expecting moba lvl of balance but COMEOOOONNNNN).

Moba level of balance? LUL I stopped reading there. LoL is hardly balanced.
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
vio wrote:
to sum your's up:

To sum your summation:

Please, tell us more about how GGG should be running their company. You seem to know everything.

Your snide comment would make more sense had I actually said anything about that. I didn't. All I pointed out was what their priorities WERE...Not what they should be, or my opinions...Just what has been shown.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info