Controller support for PC

If you have done it please give us PC players controller support option! Thank you
Last bumped on May 30, 2017, 2:45:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Chris has addressed this elsewhere, and has said that it is not coming.

That said, there is at least one streamer that plays on a controller (Sefearion I think is his name). Check his youtube.
U MAD?
+1 I am really hoping that with the xbox relase of POE we also get controller support on PC. Developers - please make an option for controller support on PC as well.
"
+1 I am really hoping that with the xbox relase of POE we also get controller support on PC. Developers - please make an option for controller support on PC as well.

Well, they said "Xbox One players will play on their own realm, separate to the PC realm. This is due to small gameplay differences between the two versions, such as the number of Flask slots and how some skills are targeted". The way I see it, it's highly unlikely.

Of course, it might just be a coverup story and the real reason is that XBox version will be easier in some ways, it will most likely have better drops too if they want to compensate for lack of trading, because if players can't use poetrade it's pretty much the same as not having it at all.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 19, 2017, 11:55:11 AM
Why.

For love of Dominus, why?!

PoE is a PC game, it needs shitton of buttons, precise aiming with mouse, and shitton of inventory management. Controller is all good for other types of games, but not PoE!

Jesus fucking christ, we have trade being broken for ages, yet GGG is pumping supporters money into another wasteland.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Why.

For love of Dominus, why?!

Because the game became simple enough to be played on controller, bosses are commonly facetanked, skills cover half the screen and we pick up only orbs.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
We don't need full controller support. Joystick move would be enough to make the steam controller not suck in PoE.
I for one, would love controller support. I've always hated point-click movement, but it's never been a deal breaker, just an annoyance.

Use of a controller might actually allow me to stomach trying the labyrinth with real precise control for a change.

Would make extended play sessions easier on my fingers.
* Would be easier to access flasks with the cross-direction pad (and easier to remember which flask I'm hitting).
* Would be easier than remembering which key which skill is tied to... (which means having to look down at my keyboard and search for the ability, then hit...) on a controller, I'd just make the 4 main controller buttons toggle-able with the 4 shoulder buttons, giving you 5 sets of 4 quick action slots. (My default set of 4 I'd make: pick-up item, move to location without attacking (if this is still needed), my main attack, and ... I don't really use curses, so one extra for maybe a totem, depending on build)

This would feel so much better than the mess of a keyboard.
Last edited by Zaludoz on Jan 19, 2017, 1:59:34 PM
I don't see how this game could be playable with a controller, wonder what corners are they cutting with that port.
Get a Steam controller.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info