Does Enfeeble reduce the damage from Volatiles?

Hi, found various sources claiming yes and no including streamers like lifting nerd (in chat -> yes) and its yojii (some rambling video -> no) ..

Enfeeble: 'Cursed enemies deal (21-30)% less Damage'

The big question might be are monsters still cursed when they are at 0 life and about to explode or are they even at 0 life when they explode or afterwards?

Pls help .. :)

ign Elmi_EQ
Last edited by HenkCCAA on Jan 19, 2017, 3:49:30 AM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 4:15:08 PM
I'm going to say the monsters are dead and enfeeble doesn't apply to the explosion.

Just a guess though
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
"
HenkCCAA wrote:
Does Enfeeble reduce the damage from Volatiles?

No
My guess would be, yes, enfeeble applies to the damage.
Map modifiers (like extra light/fire/cold damage etc.) will increase the damage of the volatile explosion. I don't think the game makes a difference between those kind of modifiers and other damage modifiers like curses. It just takes the main hand damage of the volatile when dying (with all the modifiers on it) to calculate the on death explosion damage.

One way to test it could be to enter pvp with someone that has a cast on death linked and kill him with and without enfeeble. If there is no difference in damage, then curses don't apply to on death effects and probably wouldn't effect the volatile explosions either.
I asked hegemony in his chat and he said it does reduce the volatile damage. Damage is just based on monster mainhand damage and that gets reduced like you said.

My experience so far is that when ever playing close range melee with about 7k life and blasphemy enfeeble + fortify i never rip to volatiles. Maybe sometimes but rarely getting hit quiet hard but not rip in high tear red maps from the big guys.

In the end this is just guessing from me too which would need more serious testing. It all comes down to the question do you curse their soul or their flesh .. ;)
ign Elmi_EQ
Last edited by HenkCCAA on Jan 19, 2017, 7:37:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info