Massive lag in some maps and instances.

Hey,

I've been playing poe for the past few weeks and have now gotten to the stage where i am farming maps. Problem is that when i enter a select few of the maps (e.g. Academy), I get massive latency spikes ~2000ping. Frame rate/FPS/CPU/GPU usage is all normal and my ping on teamspeak remains at 5ms.

Any ideas on why this is happening or a potential fix?

any help appreciated!!
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2017, 6:03:48 PM
Yes, this. I am having this as well. Only on maps apparently. What is this? How can we fix this?
I've been having similar problems the last week or so. Huge latency spikes. Non stop game freezes. At least we're not alone guys. :/
On my command, unleash hell.
yes we are alone, been reporting this since breach started and no reply yet from ggg on the topic
Did you tried to change DirectX 9Ex mode to "normal" 9 (without "ex")? It may helps (don't even ask why).
"
thotbott wrote:
yes we are alone, been reporting this since breach started and no reply yet from ggg on the topic

They are "busy"
Life will be technically better Soon TM
And no one is going to help you since you can't seem to follow directions. Read the stickies for this forum. If you want help, make your own thread instead of hijacking other peoples. One thread per person so that each person can get the attention they deserve. Post the information that you are requested to so at the very least we have a starting off point to try and help. None of you have given anybody any information to work with. And just because you may have the exact same symptoms means nothing, as the causes for them can be wildly different.

Also, this forum is basically the community helping each other type of thing. If you want help directly from GGG, email them (support@grindinggear.com or by hitting the contact support link up top). And yes, they are busy, to the tune of 1500 + emails or more at this point, so be prepared to wait a little while for an answer if you do email them.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info