Increased cast speed with x-type skills in CwC

In order to gain the bonus applicable to a certain type of skill (eg fire skills) from jewels in a CwC setup, does the type of skill in question need to be the channeled skill, the skill cast while channelling, or both? (Or something else...)
Thank you in advance
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2017, 11:48:20 AM
It needs to be the channeling spell you actually cast, however it won't make your linked spell cast any faster as that's limited by the gem itself not your castspeed just incase that was your intent :p.

Edit: Cleared up my description cause man it was bad!
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jan 18, 2017, 11:16:11 AM
You are casting the channeling skill, therefore you use the cast speed bonuses available for that. The other skill is triggered, which like all trigger skills doesn't use cast speed, but happens instantly once the condition is met.

Thanks for those replies. Oh man, I think I am understanding that poorly. So for CwC setups, cast speed seems to be less important than I thought, because it will only make the channeling skill cast faster, but not the triggered spell (which in my case is the one doing the damage) -- right?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
right. the trigger rate is given by CwC gem. you can see the trigger rate on CwC wiki page..

cast speed still can be rather important. for example I am using Flameblast with Firestorm and the time needed to build up the blast makes a big difference
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 18, 2017, 11:48:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info