Suggestion: Dominating Blow attack uses Minion Damage, à la The Scourge

My understanding is that Dominating Blow is not a popular skill. A thought I had for making it more interesting is if, when you attack with Dominating Blow, you benefit from Minion Damage, like a built-in The Scourge.

Minion Attack Speed and Minion Life Leech could also be considered, though there’s less precedent for that and the numbers might be wonky (there isn’t a whole lot of either, though, even if the Minion Attack and Cast Speed and Minion Life Leech nodes near the Scion start are rather large).

If necessary for balance, some fraction coefficient (50% of Minion Damage? 33% of Minion Life Leech? whatever) could be applied, possibly scaling with level.
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2017, 3:56:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Worst, most broken double dipping shit idea I've heard in a long time...

No offense, but it's a shit idea...
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
Worst, most broken double dipping shit idea I've heard in a long time...

No offense, but it's a shit idea...

Why? Or, rather, why is this different from The Scourge to begin with? Why is it OK for The Scourge to offer this ability (across all minion skills, not just Dominating Blow), but not for Dominating Blow to do so, even at a reduced rate?
Scourge is broken enough already. It's only "saving grace" is that it occupies the weapon slot. If you had a dagger instead, and you'd gain all the benefits from minion damage double dipping, it would be a disasterpiece of a balance nightmare. Imagine a Marohi Erqi oneshotting uber Izaro, because of the double dips...
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"Scourge is broken enough already. It's only "saving grace" is that it occupies the weapon slot. If you had a dagger instead, and you'd gain all the benefits from minion damage double dipping, it would be a disasterpiece of a balance nightmare. Imagine a Marohi Erqi oneshotting uber Izaro, because of the double dips..."

I don't think The Scourge is broken per say. It does not have a very high base damage and if the build list is any indication there are not a load of builds using it. Blade Vortex or whatever is the newest dsp monsters seem to still be the king of power builds. I think Scourge was GGG way of trying to allow summoners to survive the power creep of end game.
I said it in another thread a while back but literally all dominating blow needs is a fated Chober Chaber or at least a direct and obvious upgrade:

Grants level 30 dominating blow
X-Y physical damage and/or %increased physical
Lose physical bonuses when at 20+ dominated minions.
Grant a random minion bonus for every 50 dominated minions or something.

A two handed dominating blow mace would finally give a good end game mace, not actually melee like many would want but to me at the moment, a good mace is a good mace and not another axe. Any Witch characters trying to run it would probably have a natural downside of no es on the weapon or anything defense to speak of in the weapon and shield slots allowing dominating blow to also be a Scion necromancer/probably slayer combo or a slayer duelist.

I have been waiting for dominating blow to be viable... It doesn't have to be meta and a massive boss killer, since it shouldn't be viable outside of dominating blow. Can't give a massively powerful dominating blow mace that lets you ignore dominating blow. But it also should give you something to live on your own until you get a healthy amount of minions to do damage for you until you are culling once again.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info