[Suggestion] The Warder: Unique Storage

READ the suggestion before making a remark to buy more tabs.

---

Personal Introduction:
Spoiler
I have been playing this game for quite some time, and there's one issue I always encounter, and that comes to the Unique items in the game. I love the unique items, I want to collect all of them and I know I'm not alone in this feeling (Most of the people I play with also like to collect the Uniques). I just don't have the space!

"For Collectors":
Spoiler
With the introduction of the Divination Card Tab it's stated in the description video the following, "It's great for Collectors" Which got me thinking about other collector based ideas.

The Warder:
"
It was not until some degree of luxury was attained in regal palaces and the castles of powerful nobles that separate accommodation was provided for the apparel of the great. It originated from Old French words warderobe and wardereube in which "warder" meant "to keep, to guard".

I think the origin of the word Warder fits perfectly with the storage of Unique Items separately from other gear.

Since we have purchasable Housing Decorations in the Store, this idea could be implemented as a separate storage decoration similar to the Stash and Guild storage boxes.

With the idea that this is primarily for those of us that like to collect (as well as save inventory space) it would make sense to have it as a hideout decoration. If you are wanting to use certain Uniques then they can still be stashed normally. Utilizing this idea would not require the recreation of city zones, and is entirely dependent on the collector.

Address to GGG:
Spoiler
I know a lot of your funding comes from the selling of more inventory tabs, however I'd like to offer this suggestion for those of us that wish to collect all the Uniques you've put so much time and effort into creating, and I think the above idea is a great way you can introduce this as well as generate more traffic to the housing decorations store page, which will most definitely increase sales. Additionally, if you wanted to further improve profits you could split it up into Two decorations, the Wardrobe for Armors, and the Armory for Weapons. This could double your profits.

PS: You could always implement these ideas as New Tabs if you're not too keen on the Decorations idea.

Thanks for your time and consideration everyone! Have a great day!
Last edited by dirin on Jan 16, 2017, 3:49:51 AM
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2017, 7:09:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Useless. Want to store all uniques? Buy more tabs. Simple.
"
magus424 wrote:

You say to purchase more tabs, but you could purchase something that's prettier than a full tab of Tetris Uniques. Not only would it organize all your Uniques into one place, you could also search the one page for specific Uniques instead of sifting through all your tabs trying to find it.

I feel the amount of time and effort put into creating the Uniques, it should have a better way to organize and present them when found, as well as promote a way to want to keep them around instead of just leaving them on the ground and not picking them up.
Buy a Quad Tab then.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Buy a Quad Tab then.

The Quad Tab eliminates the beauty of the Uniques in showcasing them, sure it increases your storage, but that is entirely not the point of this suggestion.

Ya'll acting like I don't support this game or something. I have 3 Quad Tabs, they are all full.

Look, the point in this thread is not the fact that I don't have Tabs or that i'm not willing to support them. If you read the OP at all you'd know that is not the point of this post. It's pointing out the exact same reason they created the Divination Cards tab, Essence Tab and the Currency tab. I have tabs and tabs full of items that I want to collect and showcase. I want to buy something that is pretty and will do that, and I feel a lot of others also would buy something to do this.
Last edited by dirin on Jan 16, 2017, 3:48:44 AM
"
dirin wrote:
"
magus424 wrote:

You say to purchase more tabs, but you could purchase something that's prettier than a full tab of Tetris Uniques. Not only would it organize all your Uniques into one place, you could also search the one page for specific Uniques instead of sifting through all your tabs trying to find it.

I feel the amount of time and effort put into creating the Uniques, it should have a better way to organize and present them when found, as well as promote a way to want to keep them around instead of just leaving them on the ground and not picking them up.
The reason divination tabs (and currency ones) work like they do is that currency is not an object, so to say. It is just a record in game's DB with currency/card type and amount of it. That's all, only 2 digits(*). The items are way waaay more complicated - each item have itemlevel, quality, basetype, then, in case of uniques, it have its own type (like Lolnir and Trollnir, or Shavs and legacy Inf.Mantle), then it have its mods, brackets in each mod which can have them and roll(s) in each bracket. It's not as easy as storing 2 digits.
That's, btw, is the reason why GGG din't create specialized maps tab - because maps, even white maps, sadly, have itemlevels and quality, i.e. they are handled like items, not like currency.

*well, and their place in inventory, but the base point is, any 2 cards/pieces of currency are indistinguishable, while each item is a separate entity.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jan 16, 2017, 3:50:24 AM
+1 for a purchasable "album" of uniques, from another collector.

Of course, I'd like to be able to use/exchange the uniques (I always keep the one with the best stats/sockets if I have duplicates), but they need not be listed in the trade API.

Needs to be expensive, though, and only hold one of each unique, otherwise stash tab sales would take too great a hit.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
fully support this idea and would definitely buy a "warder tab" (or hideout wardrobe).

it would be nice if there were a easy way to compare uniques in your tabs to the one stored in the "warder tab".

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jan 16, 2017, 8:04:43 AM
So, what you're saying is, you basically want a "prettiererer" stash tab, or..?

I'd rather have mannequins as HO decoration, that allow for putting uniques or MTXs on them to have that stuff on display.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
SisterBlister wrote:
+1 for a purchasable "album" of uniques, from another collector.

Of course, I'd like to be able to use/exchange the uniques (I always keep the one with the best stats/sockets if I have duplicates), but they need not be listed in the trade API.

Needs to be expensive, though, and only hold one of each unique, otherwise stash tab sales would take too great a hit.

I fully agree with your suggestions as well. They could calculate how much space storing 1 of every unique would take up using normal tabs, and price it accordingly. I also think they should be able to be taken out at will and still useable, as if you're storing them in a Warder! Ha. :P

"
Sure_K4y wrote:
So, what you're saying is, you basically want a "prettiererer" stash tab, or..?

I'd rather have mannequins as HO decoration, that allow for putting uniques or MTXs on them to have that stuff on display.

I really like that idea as well!

I would like SOMETHING to showcase and promote the picking up of Uniques. I feel they are wasted 99% of the time if they are not the top tier Uniques. It seems the way they have it now, with no items to use Uniques for they just sit or are vendor trash. I don't like that in this game, that was one of the HUGE downfalls of Diablo 3, shitty Uniques that were trash 99% of the time. Uniques have nice looks and stuff to them. I'd like a place to store them for display or for use as a skin transfer. The emphasis they put on Uniques now is that if you want tab space don't pick them up, or buy more tabs. I have 3 quad stash tabs full of uniques and it looks like shit. Meh. If people don't like this idea then they don't like it. I thought it was a good idea to give use to useless uniques and promote sales for new decorations.
Last edited by dirin on Jan 16, 2017, 9:59:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info