Spoiler

like the good old text based games!
Last edited by blubbber on Jan 15, 2017, 6:18:49 PM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2017, 10:29:03 AM
That's insane
didn't even need breach to accomplish that before, just much more common now
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
true, you could get screens full of text before, but never seen it this extremee,specially since this continued on for several screens walking in either direction!! Just pressed show all for a laugh and well, I got a laugh out of it :)
Could not imagine playing without filter anymore
Last edited by blubbber on Jan 16, 2017, 7:18:16 AM
and now imagine we are in Breach, and there are no item filters... you know what certain forum members would've said if someone suggested introducing IFs to the game? :D
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
hahaha, doesn't really matter what gets and what doesn't get added, those people whine and cry regardless :)
"
blubbber wrote:
true, you could get screens full of text before, but never seen it this extremee,specially since this continued on for several screens walking in either direction!! Just pressed show all for a laugh and well, I got a laugh out of it :)
Could not imagine playing without filter anymore

true enough.

screens of items aside though... i remember leveling up in the old days pre item filters and there being TONS of white items everywhere. which you would think might be great for craftng... but no, it isnt. the biggest issue i faced was finding the actual item i wanted. i would be looking for an at level white or one just above my level and all i would be getting is garbage below my level.

the great thing about the item filters is you no longer have to see the garbage.

"
silumit wrote:
and now imagine we are in Breach, and there are no item filters... you know what certain forum members would've said if someone suggested introducing IFs to the game? :D

yep.

it would have been just like the threads around here revolving around trade and the need for an internal item indexer style of AH. i mean i dont have anything against sites like POE Trade personally, they are great to have around and all. i just feel like having the same kind of thing INSIDE the game itself is:

-more secure
-less hassle
-less immersion breaking (you dont have to leave the game world)
-more reliable
-more accurate (its inside the game so it can read statuses quicker and more accurately)
-and has the potential for better features (since the devs of the game have control over it)

I mean if you look at that list and think about the item filter dont you see a lot of commonality?

item filter provides:
-less hassle (because you dont have to sort through tons of items useless to you)
-less immersion breaking (because you arent suddenly innudated and buried by items.)
-accuracy (because instead of mousing over everything you only have to mouse over the things you are likely to use)
-better features (..well it is the better feature itself tbh.)
I spot two chromes!

The really funny thing about stuff like this, you press to pick something up on the bottom left of your screen -> character starts walking to the top right to pick it up o.O

Breach with legacy iiq gear could be fun stuff, bless filters.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I spot two chromes!

The really funny thing about stuff like this, you press to pick something up on the bottom left of your screen -> character starts walking to the top right to pick it up o.O

Breach with legacy iiq gear could be fun stuff, bless filters.

Peace,

-Boem-

ahhhh, you must be going blind in your old days, there is another chrome at the bottom right :p
still had the filter on, so not quite default, but just pressed button to show all :)

ha yes, that drove me nuts picking stuff up after clearing a breach, you walk for days! only recently realised that you press the key to hide all, then disable that again (think Z by default? not sure, I changed all my keys), it re-arranges the text to show where the items actually are, so saves you all the walking about!

oh man, IIQ on breaches would be nuts haha
Last edited by blubbber on Jan 16, 2017, 10:00:10 AM
haha yeah ive been alt revealing on some stacked 6 sextant maps and its totally insane. Hell even super duper strict neversink shows too much for my taste so i made my own.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info