Game freazing and fps drops

I didint play PoE since parendus league and yesterday i downloaded the game again to see whats new..
I use to play this game on hardcore and so my graphics settings was set to lowest so i dont die couse of lag ( i know this game allwasy had preformance issues still remember good old desync days :)
But now i started on standard league so i tried to max out graphics in game just to see how the game realy works cos on SC i dont realy care if i die cos of lag..

act 1 worked like a charm on all settings maxed out..

on act 2 i started to get game freazes every now and then so i turned off most of the settings except shadows and textures i left those 2 on high.. game worked fine from then on..

on act 3 i started to get game freazes again so i was like f**k it and set everything to lowest and playing was ok again till i got to acc 4

in highgate standing still my frame rate is 10 fps on average with all the graphics settings set to lowest, open a strongbox game freazes, malachai tenticle attack or whatever it is and the game freazes just like with strongboxes, allot of mobs by a shrine and the game lags like hell..

for some reason i can run witcher 3 maxed out on a steady 50-60 fps and just last week i played far cry primal with some tweaking i run it on high on a steady 40-50 fps

so can someone please explain to me what specs do i need to run this game?

my specs:

amd fx 6300 3.5ghz 6 cores
saphire radeon r9 280
8gb ram
win 7 64 bit

my ping is 30-40 ms frankfurt server

sry for my bad english :)

edit:

act 1 cruel works like crap freazes all the time.. just run into vagan in flooded depths and just standing next to him before the fight and after my fps was below 20.. interesting fight that..
opened a breach and when entire screen gets flooded with mobs, yeah fun times.. all with lowest settings, in highgate this time i have a steady fps of 60 like wtf its so inconsistent..
Last edited by de4th4mphet4mine on Jan 14, 2017, 11:06:01 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 7:27:34 AM
well i just switched to directx 11 and all the fps drops and constant freazes are gone..

no more lags when i potral to town.. and with all graphics settings on high..

i just opend a breach with that cold damage mobs and i didint get any fps drops i still cant belive it..

guess something is wrong with dx 9 version cos in the last 4 years that i play game never run as good as it does now and i use to have all graphics settings set to lowest.

edit:

why is the game not saving my resolution? after restarting it forces some custom res in windowed mode..

i dont realy mind as long as the game actualy runs well..

Last edited by de4th4mphet4mine on Jan 20, 2017, 3:13:04 AM
"
well i just switched to directx 11 and all the fps drops and constant freazes are gone..

no more lags when i potral to town.. and with all graphics settings on high..

i just opend a breach with that cold damage mobs and i didint get any fps drops i still cant belive it..

guess something is wrong with dx 9 version cos in the last 4 years that i play game never run as good as it does now and i use to have all graphics settings set to lowest.

edit:

why is the game not saving my resolution? after restarting it forces some custom res in windowed mode..

i dont realy mind as long as the game actualy runs well..

I have the same issues than u have, but mines are not solved after switching to DX11, but I can see that the problem might be the specs... you have amd cpu and gpu so am I, and I have a better specs fx 8150 and R9 290X Tri-X... maybe the problems is with AMD I'm guesing...
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info