[2.5] Belton's Mjolner Discharge Lowlife Berserker - 90% max res- 10k es- 6-8 more multipliers

Build Overview and Concept

Mjolner in 2.5? DansGame

Spoiler
I play alot of Discharge. I love Mjolner. When I first started playing PoE it struck me, along with Shavs and Kaoms, as the quintessential PoE Unique, and still to this day I see them as being the most iconic. I've largely played CoC variants over the years, however due to the massive backlash about Mjolner post patch 2.5, and the laughable cost of Mjolner (5c at time of writing)- I wanted to try the build out for myself and see how it fared in comparison. I was pleasantly surprised, and decided to share here in case anyone else was having thoughts about giving it a go.

Build Features:

Spoiler
Offense:

-40% more damage from Berserker,
-30% more damage from Lowlife,
-40% more Damage from Elemental Overload,
-45% more damage from Controlled Destruction,
-60% more damage from Concentrated Effect,
-50% More Damage from Shock,
-32% More Damage to Lightning spells from Wrath,
-40% enemy res from Elemental Weakness,
-15-30% Lightning/Ele penetration.

Defense:

-9,000-11,000 ES
-90% Max Res With Lightning and Fire
-Stun Immune
-Free Global Leech from Berserker
-Additional Leech from Vinktars, Corruptions, and Enchants
-Vaal Pact
-High Mobility
-40-50% Chance to Block Attacks
-10% Chance to Block Spells
-45% Phys Mitigation (Rumis+End Charges)
-Immortal Call

Customization:

-Can go with Elemental Equilibrium
-Can go Crit Based
-Can go Elemental Overload
-Can go Resolute Technique
-Can use a variety of Auras, Flasks, Gems to suit playstyle

Videos?

Spoiler
I have been streaming the process of gearing and leveling this character for the past couple of days. It is very fresh still. VODs of this can be found at https://www.twitch.tv/jamesbelton/videos/all. In the future, if people are interested, I can record videos specifically to benchmark build per requests.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Defense with Flasks (no es% on ring, ES normally around ~10k):

Spoiler

Gear:

Spoiler

Current Gear:

Spoiler

Requirements:

Spoiler

Gear Options:

Spoiler
Helm: Hubris- As much ES as possible ideally with Int, Accuracy, and an open suffix to craft Strength. Prioritize open suffix for strength roll. Enchants: 40% discharge damage, 30% chance for discharge not to consume charges, shield charge attack speed, cyclone attack speed, aura reservation enchants

Chest: Shavs- 5L needed, 6 link optional, not mandatory.

Weapon: Mjolner- Corrupt for lightning leech, fire leech, or wep range. Quality and rolls do not matter.

Shield: As much ES as possible (Spell damage, es% and flat es is better than es, es%, hybrid if spell damage roll is ~30-40+). For suffixes, aim for Int, res, and an open suffix to craft strength.

Amulet: Volls Devotion- +1 max res, +1 curse, Clean (24 strength+int), IAS, Lightning or Fire Leech are best options for corruption.

Ring 1: Romira's- Get a corrupted one with +mana gained on hit (2 preferred)

Ring 2: Fill out what you need with this ring. If using Voidbringer get a multimodded Elreon Ring with es%, -mana to skills and strength on a res base. Otherwise, an Opal ring or a res base with Strength, Dex, Int, Attack Speed, es, es%, Accuracy, cold to attacks (if EE) are all good mods.

Belt: Crystal Belt- Strength, res, ES, Movespeed, Armor, Flask rolls. Lightning Doryani's is also good. Headhunter very good as well.

Gloves: Voidbringer (Only if corrupted for +1 gems). If no +1 voids, then use Repentance. Try to get Ele Weakness on hit Corruption.

Boots: ES, Int, Strength, Res, Movespeed. Good corruptions include 10% pen, global leech, attack and cast speed, etc.

Flasks:

Spoiler

Jewels:

Spoiler

Gem Links:

Spoiler

Mjolner: Discharge, Controlled Destruction, Arc

Shield: Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Fortify

Chest: Cyclone, Faster Attacks, Accuracy, Curse on Hit, Ele Weakness (or whatever curse you want)-- If you have a 6L you can use a 2nd curse, Reduced Mana (if Voidbringers), Fortify, Added Cold (if EE)

Gloves: Purity of Lightning, Purity of Fire, Enlighten, Wrath

Helm: Blood Magic, Discipline, Haste, Enlighten Lvl 4

Boots: CWDT- Immortal Call - Vaal Haste- Herald of Thunder (or HoI if EE)

If you can fit them in elsewhere consider using a golem, Vaal Disc, or Purity of Elements if needed to cap res. Can also Opt to run Purity of Ice.

Tree (90)

Bandits

Spoiler
Point-Point-Endurance Charge
Last edited by Belton on Jan 12, 2017, 9:53:41 PM
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2017, 5:18:22 PM
very bad videos ....
watch a stream in order to understand the working build or not
Bad videos? OP literally has a link to his twitch vods where you can view hours of game play and progression...

Thanks for the post OP. Its nice to see Mjolnir in action 2.5!\

Can you post a screen shot of unbuffed and buffed DPS tool tip on discharge?
Last edited by catinbox32 on Jan 12, 2017, 11:48:17 PM
"
catinbox32 wrote:
Bad videos? OP literally has a link to his twitch vods where you can view hours of game play and progression...

Thanks for the post OP. Its nice to see Mjolnir in action 2.5!\

Can you post a screen shot of unbuffed and buffed DPS tool tip on discharge?

Yeah man no problem-- its 23k with arc, prob around 40k if I was "showcasing" the dps (conc+controlled destro+EO proc)

Streaming atm but will be happy to put any updates needed to guide shortly thereafter
what bosses can you do? can you clear uber lab? so many questions =)
"
Dahmi99 wrote:
what bosses can you do? can you clear uber lab? so many questions =)

Leveled to 93 in 2 days. ~95 maps cleared on atlas. t15/t16 down, uber lab down. Primarily farming shaped strands for levels atm.

Going to try crit out @ level 95 so that I can put
to use.
Last edited by Belton on Jan 13, 2017, 7:01:05 PM
your passive tree link dosen't work for me. Could you use poe planner or something, i really wanna try the build out. =)
"
Dahmi99 wrote:
your passive tree link dosen't work for me. Could you use poe planner or something, i really wanna try the build out. =)

check out my profile
I want to try this buildi
Why do you link Arc in your Mjolner ?
Doing this we lose half our potential procs on Discharge right?
(✿ =‿‿=)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info