Am very new to game and need advise from those who know.

I'm kind of eye-balling my build as I go.

Just need some advise on how to proceed.

I'm looking to go with a sword build but am not sure whether to go 1h, 2h, or dual......all help will be appreciated.
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2017, 7:14:21 AM
guess not.
I'm new to restaurants

Should I order fish, a salad or fried chicken?
IGN: HarroHarbinger
"
AcesUp1972 wrote:
I'm kind of eye-balling my build as I go.

Just need some advise on how to proceed.

I'm looking to go with a sword build but am not sure whether to go 1h, 2h, or dual......all help will be appreciated.

I would suggest that if you are new to the game, pick a build and follow the guide.

Ancestral Warchief build is a great build that you can start out with as a newcomer.

You can check out this build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716684

The OP added a budget setup in the guide. Just look for "Budget Warchief < 100c - ready for farming Uber-Lab and Guardians"
There are very many in-depth answers to questions of this sort (I'm new, what should I do?), that, depending on your style, are answered much better than anyone could here in the general section. Check it out! If you have already read some guides for new people on this sub-forum, most of your questions will already have been answered. If not, try to be a little specific with what you need so people can help you. GL & HF!
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
thanks to those who chose not to be dicks.

Hi mate
as much as i can agree that Ancestral War chief is good theres a big difference for new players between good and good fun.
I'd recommend doing something initially that you enjoy, a skill that catches your eye or you like the feel of
Earthquake is quite good and theres plenty of builds out there to follow.
Basic rules of poe is LIFENODES unless you're following a energy shield based build, linked equipment is key to doing damage so your main skill can be used in conjunction with support gems IE earthquake with added melee damage and added fire damage. Super simple stuff once you wrap your head around it.
Anyway if you're finding yourself getting overwhelmed or you're getting stomped by mobs look up some basic PoE tips on youtube and go back a few zones to get some more levels. You can control click on the entrance of a zone to reset it meaning the mobs respawn
Best places to farm are ledge docks and dried lake iirc, dried lake is pretty much always your main destination for leveling.
Have fun dude
For a total new player who wants to easily do higher lvl content, cheapest would be i think summoner.
What u need:
Spoiler

A 4Linked(or 5/6L) Vis mortis and Ullr Booots. Both are around 1-2c.

rest gear is life/energy shield/resists

Super cheap build as a league starter and super efficient with a lot of upgradability option. You can later switch to golemancer if u want or play classic summoner all the way. Can do t15/atziri.
My personal ultra-low budget favorite is SRS with Eldritch battery. You need a 5L staff, wich you can either buy for a chaos or farm yourself by doing Tropical Island maps. These drop a card for a 5L staff ("The Flora's Gift") fairly consistently. On this staff you throw a + to firegems essence. If possible, mastercraft castspeed. Gratz, you got what you need up to t14 maps.

Rest of your stuff is gear with life and resists on Energyshield base. You run Hatred and Anger with the Generosity support gem and Proc Elemental Equilibrium with an orb of storms-curse on hit setup. (Elemental Weakness is good for offense here, enfeeble would be good for defense.)

You get tons of castspeed from using Flesh offering and Vaalhaste. These also buff your Raging Spirits.

On your jewels you would want miniondamage and life.

Links: SRS-Miniondamage-Meleephys-Meleesplash (swap with Multistrike for bosses) - Added Fire or minionspeed (or Spellecho if you really need the castspeed for the cap). Empower would be the best 6L gem, but a leveled one is expensive and not necessary unless you want to do the very end-endgame. (t15+)

buildsuggestion:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAd-KbRnpAkuuGyXZWwj0wFRqQ0yz0B_v62vb7IoEB4PbVcY6WKyY99fMvKrEhWBNuYIe2wu86hps98E26SSqFm_jaqcI6-6a4EWdU1Kdrhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B9o8ohCwcXsGI_68NVJUZUuBx5wu9kTL2-4kyj6tAxGceGIHar-SYMJb57xs0tXwOOCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01kv6PTeOmVzrh8kVodNpiGFYdvjOHA-7T-6h9WpFqrIUyIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytN_xn0Y6roNfJitV8lTNVBCjDZVS2HiJpUWv5uKvk9Ijg3iFSeMsQ==

Bandits would be life-castspeed-skillpoint.
dedadadadedoodoodoo is all i want to say to you
Last edited by tweedledee111 on Jan 15, 2017, 7:30:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info