I'm soooo tiredddddd of AFK tradersssssssss

This is a shameless self-venting thread about my perpetual frustrations with trading.

Everyone is constantly AFK, or "offline" despite showing online for hours at a time. I can spam out whispers down a list of 30 sellers, full confidence that MAYBE one single person will respond. Zero overlap. Thirty people contacted.

What the fuck is everyone doing?

Leaving their games on while they're at work? Or while they sleep?

What the fuck is the point of whatever their answer is to that question? Turn your shit off. You're not helping anyone by leaving shit on overnight, or during an 8 hour shift.

Jesus F. Christ.
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2017, 4:33:24 PM
What are you trying to buy that you message 30 people without getting an answer? That is the real question. Of course messaging AFK sellers is annoying, but in my experience, 99% of the time this doesn't happen, and I do a lot of trading. Yes, if you are trying to buy life/mana flasks, or 0% quality gems then that can be annoying.

The solution, and what I hope is a fix coming in future API improvements is giving XYZ the ability to determine and display actual in game status (AFK/DND/truly online/offline, rather than just relying on the old Click-a-link-to-show-online-for-an-hour that we used to use).
U MAD?
"
ShadyC wrote:

Jesus F. Christ.

I thought his middle initial was "H"?
"
frenzul wrote:
"
ShadyC wrote:

Jesus F. Christ.

I thought his middle initial was "H"?

Agreed...looks more like a Henry than he does a Frank.
I'm pretty positive a lot of these people are bots, too. Botting, I imagine, is a huge issue in this game.

I get party invited, and they just sit at their stash. They never talk, and they just keep party inviting me & doing shit that feels like a bot that got a trigger messed up.
"
ShadyC wrote:
I'm pretty positive a lot of these people are bots, too. Botting, I imagine, is a huge issue in this game.

I get party invited, and they just sit at their stash. They never talk, and they just keep party inviting me & doing shit that feels like a bot that got a trigger messed up.

If you come across behaviour in-game that you strongly suspect may actually be due to illegal third party programs please email into support@grindinggear.com with the player's account name and character name, the behaviour you witnessed, and if there is any appropriate action we are able to take we will look into it. :)

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
"
"
ShadyC wrote:

If you come across behaviour in-game that you strongly suspect may actually be due to illegal third party programs please email into support@grindinggear.com with the player's account name and character name, the behaviour you witnessed, and if there is any appropriate action we are able to take we will look into it. :)

Will do!

It's too late now for today's instances, but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I had looked for a report option in-game when I right clicked the players, but saw nothing. Oh well.
I don't see any challenges on you. You in Standard? 'cause that's your problem. Trading Standard is dead unless it's between leagues. I tried making a Standard toon last league and gave up when it took over an hour of no-reply whispers to get a simple unique shield for 5c.

Until the trading situation is fixed, Standard is not a viable way to play the game unless your character is already geared up.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
ive got my poe running in the background even when im playing other games :*)
"
gilrad wrote:
I don't see any challenges on you. You in Standard? 'cause that's your problem. Trading Standard is dead unless it's between leagues. I tried making a Standard toon last league and gave up when it took over an hour of no-reply whispers to get a simple unique shield for 5c.

Until the trading situation is fixed, Standard is not a viable way to play the game unless your character is already geared up.

Everyone already has EVERYTHING in standard, so the only things that move are like... mirror shit, and league specific items when they dump in at the end of a league, or when HC toons rip.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info