Rework the Ascendant's potrait art. Please.

I can't be the only one who has been bothered by it ever since it was revealed.

It doesn't match the art style of the other ascendancy classes at all, which makes me wonder why it's still in the game.

Let's take a look at Slayer

That's a pretty good quality potrait and feels more like path of exile. Hell, the art for the Ascendant looks like a placeholder in my opinion.

Maybe I'm not understanding the deeper meaning behind it. Perhaps the vague and thick strokes on her art are a metaphor of her being the jack of all trades and master of none and I'm just too stupid to read into it, but I just think it looks hideous when every other class has better drawn ones.
Last edited by CheshireCat on Jan 2, 2017, 3:31:10 PM
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2017, 4:54:25 PM
I am also bothered by the way she looks. Very disappointed in a lot of their art though especially the art for all three Templar ascendancy classes.
Permanent Hardcore only.
I was about to make a new topic saying the same, but since this one is already here: the Ascendant art is horrible. I'm actually going to keep my Scion without her ascendancy just so I don't have to see this horrible thing. That art is clearly a placeholder... It's significantly inferior to the other ascendacy arts. I'm sure GGG already knows this, based on how all the others were sent as art prints to supporters, while we haven't even seen the full Ascendant art.
Last edited by Erasculio on Feb 26, 2017, 7:50:35 AM
#makesciongreatagain

I was bored this evening, so here we go, a present from me to you GGG.

I have a feeling you probably wont use it because a community member made it, but here it is anyway and if you want to use it it would be an honor, take it as another donation, on the house :D

here is a full res full size...

http://i.imgur.com/DrNbpNS.jpg

Spoiler

you can have the psd if u want, its in layers, u can do backdrops the hair etc is sort of separate and stuff can go behind it blah blah. Anyway, whatever you think of it I hope it brings some amusement if nothing else.

go on, you know u want to :D
... sorry.. nope, the original one is better
it looks like oil paints

Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 16, 2017, 2:43:41 PM
Why didn't they just get the guy who drew this:

http://img01.deviantart.net/5909/i/2014/084/4/8/scion_from_path_of_exile_by_dmsdud-d7bkjt3.jpg

To draw another Portrait for the Scion?

Why I'll never know...
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Why didn't they just get the guy who drew this:

http://img01.deviantart.net/5909/i/2014/084/4/8/scion_from_path_of_exile_by_dmsdud-d7bkjt3.jpg

To draw another Portrait for the Scion?

Why I'll never know...

yes please
that's some good art right there and I'd love to see something like that as a portrait for ascendant
comparing the current one with most of the other art is making me a bit dead inside
Nothing is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info