RIP Richard Adams (author)

Author of many fine books but best known for Watership Down.
I'm also saddened to realize practically everyone I know is illiterate.
Sad. :(
Censored.
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2016, 2:56:17 PM
=-[.]-=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I'm a book worm, I read everyday many hours per day.

unfortunately I do not know the autor you are mentioning now, but I can tell you this. You can share with us what he has done in his life and share his creations with us, so that.... we can all discover his creations and learn about him.
Here is his amazon page:

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-Adams/e/B000APX1S8

I personally recommend Watership Down (of course, famous story about rabbits, you may have read it already in HS or college), Shardik (exploring the notion of faith and religion which takes place in a fantasy empire called Bekla), and Maia (also a Beklan novel).
I also read Girl on a Swing but I didn't care for it. Plague Dogs, I don't know.
Censored.
My Mrs works in a Library, so did my Mum and my Dad's Mum.
WD was one of my favourite books as a young kid.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I heard they are supposed to be remaking watership down and are butchering it for the carebear SJW's that found the old one to violent and disturbing

Classic movie tbh.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Dec 30, 2016, 1:16:26 PM
I heard that too, Lagwin. Maybe it's a good thing Mr Adams passed away when he did so as not to have to live to see the travesty. I hope it is one of those movies that they will drop and they will spare us.
The animated film from the 80's did not follow the book too much either; Adams himself said they changed it so much it was like another story to him. It did have very attractive art though. And to your point, they didn't sugarcoat it like they would now. Bigwig was snared and nearly died. It was graphic and disturbing just like in the book.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info