[2.5] Wildstrike 78/78 Block Gladiator 100k+ dps

Hey, welcome to my second build guide :)

Motivation to create this build
I really wanted to play wildstrike, since I think that it is a cool skill. But sadly there is not a single _not glasscannon_ build out there that uses Wildstrike. So I just started a Duelist and was surprised how good wildstrike clears, even with only minimal investment into offenses.

Concept
Since this is and was my leaguestarter, I needed cheap gear. Thats why I went with maces as weapons, since there are not much people out there using those, and because of that they are quite cheap, with quite a lot pDPS. Adding to that there are very cheap unique maces to lvl with, or to start your endgame experience. The Callinellus Malleus for example has more pDps than a Soul Taker and only costs 1c or less.

Naturally, since 6links are expensive, I went for a bringer of rain, for the cheap 7L.

Because this is a melee Build without leech, I needed some sort of other defence. As a result of that I picked up Block to cover my life.

Due to me not playing Wild Strike before I just went with a generall Melee skill tree that simply scales melee physical damage, health and block.

Pros and Cons

+ Good general Clearspeed
+ Relatively Tanky
+ Relatively Cheap
+ Easy Mapping(Didn't have higher than T13 yet, T15 shouldn't be a problem)

- Bosses take quite long to kill
- Doesn't have 10k Es

Stats
Screenshot is not working atm...
Anyway:
Wildstrike:
Offensive, fully buffed(Frezy, Bloodrage, Ancestral Protector, Atziri's Promise): 96k dps + 15k dps Ancestral Protector.
Offensive, only Auras(Hatred, Herald of Ash): 55k dps

Defensive: 78/78 Block, 5200life, 7 Endurance charges, some armor, low evasion
I like the Endurance charges because they provide safety against big hits, when block fails...

Items
Helmet: As mentioned before the Bringer of Rain is allways a good way to start, if you can't afford a 6Link yet. Later on you can exchange this one for a well rolled Rare.

Body Armor: None, as long as you use Bringer of Rain^^(You can still put a Chest into the slot and level gems with it)
Alternatively: Use a 6link if you don't like your Bringer of Rain anymore.

Weapon: Generally speaking, you want as much pDps as possible. Just look on poe.trade and buy the mace with highest pDps you can afford.
A well Rolled Doryani's Catalyst is extremly good, since it provides 310pDps, which would allready be about 40c as a rare, and adding to that it also has the 80-100% increased Elemental damage which makes this weapon as good as weapons with 350pDps+! And those weapons are getting really expensive.

Shield: For Endgame play without any significant source of Leech you need the Surrender to heal whenever you block. As long as you can't afford it, the Lioneye's Remorse Shield is a really cheap alternative.

Gloves: Go for rares, optionally with high attack speed, that just cap your resists and give as much life and stats as possible.

Boots: Same as Gloves: Get as much resist, life and stats as possible+ Ideally 30% movementspeed

Amulet: The Anvil is great, since it provides 8 Block, which would cost as quite a lot of passive points to compensate overwise. Adding to that it gives us +3 Max Blockchance, which enables us to get 78/78 Block capped.

Rings: Resists, stats, life. Just go with the best rare rings you can afford :)

Belt: Also: Resists, stats, life. Weaponelemental/Physical damage is a nice bonus.

Links
Maindamage in Bringer of Rain:

Cast when damage taken in a random 4link:

Movment in a random 3 Link

Leapslam, Enduring Cry, Herald of Ash, Hatred, Ancestral Protector and Chaos Golem: Where ever you have free space.

Block

Whats needed for 78/78:
100% block conversion from Versatile Combatant
6% Bringer of Rain
8% The Anvil
+3% Max: The Anvil
3% Tempest Shield
30% The Surrender(Shield)
8% Painforged(Ascendancy)
4% Ascendancy Travel Nodes
17% Passive Skilltree
2% Jewels

Flaks
Typical stuff... One or two life flasks, a mana flask and the rest is up to you.
My Current Flaks

Quicksilver/Silver flasks are also nice options.

Unique Options:
Atziris Promise, the cheap classic. Nice bonus dps and some leech for extra survival.

Taste of Hate is also one of those classic melee flasks: Good dps boost, Very good defensive boost.

Didn't test vessel of vinktar yet, but since 33% of your damage is allready lightning and you can maybe even afford a phys to lightning vinktar, the leech should be quite good.

Other Options I don't have^^:
Dying Sun, the go to flask for every build, if you can afford it...

Lion's Roa: Allways a nice Dps boost.

Witchfire Brew: Also allways a strong option

Passives
As I wrote earlier: Life, Block, Stats, some Damage. Nothing special, just a generall melee physical build with added block.

Skill tree Link
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQaLCiYM9xLhFCAV7Bo4Gj4g4yE0Jy8oKi3SL8wxnjIJMk41kjrhOzs9AD38QKBBP0a3R35NRk3jUEdR5lWpWGNZ818_X9pi7GVNZlRoZWoBbEZs2G87cg9ybHKpdO12rHdTd-N4DXk5eWh673zZffV-4oGbhNmE74VSivCLT4zPj5mQVZHOlG-Uh5d5l7Sbap7Fnz6i6qZXqW6playqrK-tjbQvtfK5HbvtvTa-eL6nwBrAv8EEwYLEFcT2ypDPftNv2L3ZYdrB37LkUelG6dXqGO8O8i_yRfPd9kj3Mvjr_gr-jw==?accountName=NEINNEINNEIN&characterName=Melee_so_gud_Kappa

Bandits:
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Oak

Ascendancy
The Gladiator is great!
Defensively: The 100% converted block to spellblock is top notch and the added 8% block comes in handy, since it relives strain from gear and skill tree.
Blood in the eyes with it's reduced damage from bleeding enemies is good and the maim effect is also welcome.

Offensively: Gratuitous Violence speeds up our clear immensly, since Wild Strike normally leaves some enemies untouched, that now get exploded from the on death effect.
Blood in the eyes is another welcome bleed source for some more damage.

Normal: Painforged
Cruel: Versatile Combatant
Merciless: Gratuitous Violence
Uber: Blood in the eyes

Thanks for reading :)
I would love to hear what you think about this build, or guide, and I would also like to hear how your experience is when you are playing this build.

My other build guide
Endgame Guardian support: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656032

Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Jan 12, 2017, 12:02:16 PM
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2017, 9:10:13 AM
Reserved for changelog or other stuff^^
Hey,

Cool build!

Currently I am running also a 78/78 block build dual wielding with scaeva in offhand and advancing fortress in mainhand playing on hardcore with hatred+enfeeble+ash buffs running

Always happy to see somebody else making it Rain again :-)
How good is that shield really?

I noticed on my gladiator I rarely ever get more than 3-4 stacks of Violent Retaliation.
Mobs just don't hit me often enough, which means I don't get to block on a regular basis, which means I wouldn't get too much life out of it...

So, is Surrender really worth the investment (seems to cost about 60 chaos atm), compared to 1 chaos Lioneye's Remorse?
Wouldn't a life leech affix on gloves or jewelry provide similar results?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
The Surrender+ the anvil is really good! Without it I would really struggle with general map clearing, but with it I generally don't die. Especially for breaches, where you have mobs swarming all around you, the heal is quite insane.
It definitly is a BIG upgrade, coming from the lioneye's Remorse.

What I don't like about the shield is that it doesn't really help me against bosses that hit slow, but with big hits.
But for example Dominus on the Palace map(T14): I can facetank his 'sparks'(?) and whatever else he does. I only need to dodge the oneshot, which, as the name sugests, is deadly.

Appart from a Atziri's Flask I did not experiment with leech. I don't think that I could get similar results to the Surrender with only 0.6% leech, for example.

Edit: Or to give you another example of the power of the Surrender: I can facetank the 'wolf swarm(?)' attack of rigwald(The cursed king, Boss of the Dark Forest map(T15)).
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Dec 28, 2016, 2:46:10 PM
Maybe I'll give it a try.
I'm just not sure it's really worth the +5900% cost. ;)

"
NEINNEINNEIN wrote:

But for example Dominus on the Palace map(T14): I can facetank his 'sparks'(?) and whatever else he does. I only need to dodge the oneshot, which, as the name sugests, is deadly.

That's just your spellblock.
With 75%, you can easily facetank this, even without the Surrender, with just a bit of leech. Fast casters with low damage per hit are perfectly countered. :)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I just did twinned Palace. And I can assure you that this build would not survive a single burst of sparks without the Surrender.
With the surrender I managed the twinned Palace deathless :)
Hey, good build. You test it without rain? Maybe Beast or another chest?

P.S. i'm not noob, but for people. Pleace add Bandits, lvling (tree, items and skills).
I played quite a lot, but I have no idea what your talking about, refering to 'without rain' 'maybe beast' :D

I added Bandits to the passive section :)
Leveling is just up to personal preference in my opinion, thats why I don't have it in the guide.
"
NEINNEINNEIN wrote:
I played quite a lot, but I have no idea what your talking about, refering to 'without rain' 'maybe beast' :D

It is strange that you do not understand =).
'without rain' = 'without The Bringer of Rain'
'maybe beast' = 'maybe Belly of the Beast'
If the question is clear, it is still relevant. And "Cruel: Kill all" maybe 8% atack speed is beter?
Last edited by askoban007 on Jan 13, 2017, 11:14:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info