"It will be okay..."

I grabbed my keys and in a rush this holiday shopping season headed to the nearest gas station. A bit chilly outside especially for Florida I stressed about the various gifts to buy. Would I find the rare Nintendo Classic system, purchase a PoE mystery box for a friend, find the perfect ugly holiday sweater... etc. These thoughts however in good spirit stressed the hell out of me... Ruminating in my head over and over.

Arriving at the gas station I noticed a gentleman walk up to another stranger as they were filling their car with gasoline, "sorry to bother you but can you spare a dollar to help me buy food." The couple brushed him off, rolled their eyes and said, "im pretty sure you're going to spend it on drinks." The gentleman walked away unsuccessfull in his agenda. For five minutes he asked around, asked strangers filling up their cars with gas. I eventually knew sooner or later it would be my turn.

As the poor gentleman finished his rounds he sat at the nearest gas station curb waiting patiently for the next round of customers. As I walked back to the pump after paying inside, the gentleman sees me and approaches.

"Excuse me I'm hungry can you spare me some change..."

Now my thought processes went into overdrive... I noticed marks on his arms, he did smell like alcohol and he's clothes were unfortunately filthy. I looked at him and said, "I only have credit cards." Such is the age of technology... He smiles, walked away and apologized for bothering me. Unknown to him I had a plan... Next door was MC Donald's so after pumping gas I purchased him a meal.

A burger, 3 cookies, fries and a drink all under $5. Returning I pulled up to him and said, "here you go..." I wasn't naive made sure I was near other people and the gas station was well lit, filled with people... I felt okay to approach him at the time. Driving off I noticed he sat back on the curve, looked inside. You would think he would begin eating, but no he stood back up and went to his rounds again asking for money.

I obviously knew that would happen, but I realized something... "shit forgot my credit card." Heading back to the gas station I noticed that the guy didn't eat because he was lying he gave the food to his kid. The kid was hiding behind the car wash. My heart sank..,

The clerk from the gas station said, "heres your credit btw I noticed what you did take this it's s free car wash."

Never judge a book by its cover...

Happy Hollidays!!!
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Dec 16, 2016, 7:42:45 AM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2016, 5:21:25 AM
Fuck no.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I love my kids too.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Welcome to the States.

Nice move bro.
Huh, recently your stories start to be... more fleshed out, solwitch. Pretty good read there, I'd say 8.1/10
Keep up the good work!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info