Can we have an option to alter or remove Lighting Golem sound?

The audio in PoE is first-class, and with very few exceptions I find it all fitting, good, helpful, and enjoyable.

The biggest exception and the only reason for this post is the lightning golem. My issues with it are so severe that it causes me to change my tactics completely, either by not playing characters which use LG or trying to find some other skill.

The problem is the dominant loudness of the incessant rhythmic zaps the LG causes (I am not sure which of the golem's skills produces this sound, sorry). I have no problems whatsoever playing spark totem or arc totem, casting my own orb of storms, or with any of the other lightning spells in the game, it's only the golem, oddly enough. The first five or fifteen minutes is bearable for me, but after that, I end up having to turn all sound effects off (which I dislike) or stop playing with the LG. The LG's sound seems also too loud, which I notice when playing with headphones (which I frequently must in order not to bother others in my household).

Could one long-term solution be to give us an option in the menu to change the volume of certain phenomena individually? Or in the meantime to have the LG's sound reduced significantly? Or perhaps even consider altering it to one of the other lightning sounds already incorporated? Or all of the above?

Thank you very much for your ongoing support.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2017, 4:10:39 PM
Hey GGG.

I just want to upvote this Thread.

I've been trying to catch GGG Developers, and write to them directly about this problem, but without luck.

I've been suggested to come here, and i hope someone will take notice.

I have the exact same problem...

lightning golems orb ability is sooooo damn loud. I can't play with it, I simply can't.

I've even tried making a golem build, and I ofcause choose my favorit golem. The lightning golem, and as soon as I got to the level where I could equip my "Clay shapers" I died. I logged out within 30 minutes, and never played that character again. I havn't used lightning golem once since then. Even though its my most favorit of them, and sometimes it's the best for a specific build, but nope still not using it. My ears are bleeding as soon as i use it.

I've been posting on Feedback on skills aswell since lightning golem is a skill.

Either lower the sound, or make a option to let us lower the sound or remove it completely.

Prefered lower sound.

Many Regards a happy Poe player. :)

Ps.
I wanted to make a lightning golem build in 3.0, but if this sound issue is'nt fixed I won't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info