any guide for beginner srs or blade vortex?

hey there, im back into poe after a verly long time,
im looking forward to start the league but dont know anything about the game anymore

i would really apreciate if someone knows a good guide for an srs or blade vortex build.
im not good so i wont get rich, sth on a budget would be nice -.-
thx in advance
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 11:54:54 AM
SRS is probably a better option at the moment. Blade Vortex got kind of... gutted.

I don't have a beginner guide for SRS off the top of my head, but some basic info to at least get you started:
Start with a want with +1 to fire gems. Link SRS with faster casting and minion damage. When you can get a +1 or +2 to minion gems helmet, and put SRS in it 4-linked with Melee-Splash, Faster Casting or Spell Echo, and Minion Damage. If you can get a Reverberation Rod, this is a good alternate option. Eventually you want to get a 5L staff (easily obtained with the Flora's Gift div cards, which you can farm up very quickly in Jungle Valley maps). You then want to roll it until you get +2 to socketed fire gems. A 5L SRS, IMO, would be SRS-Melee Splash-Melee Physical Damage-Minion Damage-Faster Casting/Spell Echo. This will take you pretty far.

You can also run a 4L zombie setup as a meat shield (Would run Zombie-Fortify-Minion Life-Faster attacks/minion damage/minion ele resist, depending on what you want/need).

On the tree you just want (some) cast speed, all the minion damage/speed nodes, skill effect duration nodes, and as much life as you can get. Cast speed is less important after the recent changes to SRS (the cap on # of Spirits went from 50 to 20, so it is MUCH easier to maintain max-skulls), so getting a couple of cast speed nodes near Witch start is probably all you need.

You will also want to run some auras. Haste and Hatred are both really good for SRS. The faster your SRS move and attack, the better you will clear with them, hence, Haste. Hatred is just a big damage boost. You will need some reduced reservation for this. Alpha's Howl is a great option, as well as getting as many Aura nodes as you can on the tree.

Take everything I've said with a grain of salt, because I'm NOT a big summoner player, but I have played SRS a couple of times, and taken it to the highest tier maps.

I threw just a quick level 89 tree together, that probably needs a bit of optimizing, hopefully a more experienced summoner player will come along:

Link to tree on PoEPlanner
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Dec 9, 2016, 11:56:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info