why dialla, why! i'm not a cockroach any more!

I haven't leveled a new character in a while. I took a break from path of exile the entire last league. Coming back this league and leveling some new characters, I noticed something about Dialla.

In act 3, i find it really annoying when Dialla calls me a cockroach. Looking back, I have realized that this has always annoyed me, on every character. it might be the way she says it, good voice acting. Maybe just a good script. Maybe it is cause I know soon she will realize I am not-a-cockroach. I am not sure exactly, but I do know, I don't like it. I feel amazed that she dare call ME a cockroach. Look at what I have done to get here, I am by all definitions a god! Even when she calls me not-a-cockroach, I am still upset. It's like a constant reminder she thought I was a cockroach.

But yet, in act 4, things are different. I find it cute, whens she calls me not-a-cockroach. I have gained her respect, so I give her mine. We are now working together, for the greater good. We are friends, and friends give each other nicknames in reference to the dumb stuff they did. I even feel sad when she loses her powers.

I have listened to all of Dialla's dialog many of times, including all the talking to, and walking away dialog. The character, the story behind her is amazing. The voice is so perfect for her. The way certain words are emphasized, the pauses, it draws you in. The range of emotions I experience every time I level a new character, due to the encounters with Dialla is beautiful.

Thank you GGG!
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2016, 6:13:25 AM
Piety's letter in act 2 the way forward quest is still my best -in the tent.
"If any exiles come near...kill them...until we meet again"- piety aaaaaw well part of it!
Aah then the lore of the whole act 1! Reminds me of 2012 vaal oversoul being end boss and the choppy gfx <3
No Problem,
Exile
Still sane, exile?
ey
At least you didn't get stabbed and killed by Greust in act 2 like me.
Huh? Doesn't she call you not-a-cockroach immediately, when you first make it to her?
EDIT: Oops, didn't read your whole post. Yeah the character and dialogue is great! ;)

I also find it kinda interesting how people can get upset about Greust. I always smile when he does his spitting (and he's got all the reason in the world) :D

Last edited by Antaiseito on Dec 9, 2016, 6:08:06 AM
Yes, literally the first thing she says is "You are not a cockroach". She then proceeds to call you "not-a-cockroach" and "unbug". The blackguards she refers to as cockroaches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info