Abyssus for tanky character endgame

Would it be possible for an earthquake juggernaut to safely use abyssus if said character has around 7k health, 800 life regen 20k unmodifed armor, 9 endurance charges, and strenghtened fortity from juggernaut tree in mid to end tier maps?

If people feel they need more detail to answer that question i'll happily provide them if someone asks for it.
Last bumped on Dec 17, 2016, 8:12:08 AM
In general, for high mapping (excluding the toughest bosses), Id say yes (even without fortify). In case your clear speed is good enough. Youd have also some leech on top of your regen, right?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Absolutely. Especially given the ease with which you can keep Immortal Call up, making you effectively phys immune. Since Abyssus just makes you take a good deal of physical damage, being immune to physical damage... well... that eliminates the downside.
U MAD?
Would you link immortal call to CWDT or use it actively to have more control?
if youre not on hardcore, the answer is a resounding yes (provided you have enough crit chance to take advantage of multiplier, which is arguably the biggest thing on it)- if you have a strong/op build, your damage will take care of squishy boss hp. not sure about breaches in high maps yet but with 20k armour and 9 ECs you should be ok.

if youre on hardcore, the answer is still yes, but with some exceptions here and there and a general 'be careful' tip. dont do t16 minotaur with it (actually dont do minotaur on softcore with it either). dont do chimera with bad mods with it. dont do lab uber izaro with it (unless you can reliably generate charges and IC at will against, but as a slayer, you really dont)
roll over vuln+damage mods in high tier maps, etc

abyssus at this point imo really reflects the state of the game as there are a lot of bursty mitigation tools (flasks mostly) against phys damage and the boost to player damage is drastic enough it minimizes the damage mobs do to you by killing them extremely quickly. even a glassy toon can take advantage of it as long as hes smart about what he runs or if a very rare death is inconsequential (ie, softcore)
Last edited by grepman on Dec 8, 2016, 4:16:18 AM
Not sure if you are SC like me, but I run it with like 8k armor and 4.7k life and zero endurance charges. Takes me all the way to T13. I'm addicted to the dps. Thing is, I don't think my inability to do beyond T13 is caused by wearing abyssus. I really think that I would still die lots anyway even without it.
@grepman. Thanks for lots of useful advice. Just playing softcore. Not a fan of adrenaline so hardcore pretty much doesn't work for me. I think i have a pretty OP build, put it together mostly myself. I'm a big theorycrafter and spend hours, even days on optimizing trees. I'm built for max tankiness and EQ is so OP that is still do quite decent dps. I don't have full set of mirrored gear, but i guess it's around 100 ex worth of gear on that character.

Just on tier 8 atm, but that's because i like to take things slow and play several maps each tier before progressing to the next. Primary reason i started thinking about abyssus was that i coulnd't find any good helms with -30% earthquake duration that was any good. There where several abyssus helms with that mod that had good stats that were cheaper.
In addition to that i plan to start a scion earthquake trypanon/marylene's fallacy/abyssus character. A bit unusual, but i like unusual/strange builds. I'll think it'll be fun. May start her out in breach and then give her the helm when she's transferred to standard.

@jeerinho i've played around a lot with abyssus and found it generally makes you die a lot and i kinda wrote it off after a while as no good. Only reason i consider it now and asking people whether it would work for my character is that it's so very tanky that the huge downside of abyssus may make it work.
"
Would it be possible for an earthquake juggernaut to safely use abyssus if said character has around 7k health, 800 life regen 20k unmodifed armor, 9 endurance charges, and strenghtened fortity from juggernaut tree in mid to end tier maps?

If people feel they need more detail to answer that question i'll happily provide them if someone asks for it.

No it's just gonna get you killed.
40% more damage taken on top of any amount of EHP is still 40% more. Life regen is worthless for the point of surviving burst damage and armor is even more worthless.

Short of 8000 life, taste of hate, basalt flask and max block I really cant see an abysus user achieving a steady leveling progression past level 95.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
40% more damage taken on top of any amount of EHP is still 40% more. Life regen is worthless for the point of surviving burst damage and armor is even more worthless.

You do realize that 40% increased damage taken applies after PDR% mitigation, yes? Wearing Abyssus 42% + The Brass Dome, and having 8 Endurance Charges, Soul of Steel, maybe Chaos Golem, Uber Izaro with maximum charges (Charge Disruptor day) was only able to deal a maximum of about 3000 net Damage to me. I had about 30,000 Armour there, which implies original poster would need more Armour to survive "real endgame."

"

Short of 8000 life, taste of hate, basalt flask and max block I really cant see an abysus user achieving a steady leveling progression past level 95.

Fair enough, I don't have any level 95+ characters, so I can't judge on relative value there :)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info