Essences: A myth?

Leveling to Dried Lake, I found 9 essences. Since... zero. 15 Dried lake runs, and 18 maps. Not a single one.

My feedback and suggestion, as that is the purpose of this forum: Please increase their spawn rate. We were told 1/6th the league rate. That is obviously not correct.
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 2:13:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sounds like GGG missed a 0 in those patch notes.
Another 7 maps and 10 dried lake runs... guess how many essences?

Zilch.
They do exist in the main game now, just much rarer than in Essence league. Maybe 1/6th isn't the right number (the density of Essences in that league was kind of ridiculous).

The key question I think is whether Essences are now rarer than Alchemy/Chaos Orbs. In Essence league the low-level Essences were a cheap alch you could use while leveling, but if they're rarer than alchs, the low-level ones lose their role. If they're rarer than Chaos, even the regular high-level ones are not going to have much impact on crafting.
Last edited by Incompetent on Dec 5, 2016, 9:12:29 PM
RNG is real. What a shocker!
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"

Tell me about it, just got to mid way thru Act 1 Merciless, and Haku still hasn't spawned once.

Cdchi1
"

pick a number 1 through 6, roll a six sided dice 30 times. if your number doesnt come up, come back here and say "RNG is real! What a shocker!"

When your number doesnt come up after 30 rolls, it isnt RNG, it is that the chance to spawn is not 1 in 6 as was stated.

The current spawn rate is too low to make these even remotely useful.

It seems like they'll be getting a spawn rate buff in maps for the next patch (2.5.0b) which will be tomorrow or something.

I guess GGG wants essences to be more of an endgame-crafting thing than a leveling thing.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
It seems like they'll be getting a spawn rate buff in maps for the next patch (2.5.0b) which will be tomorrow or something.

I guess GGG wants essences to be more of an endgame-crafting thing than a leveling thing.

Source? That is great news.
Found. Never mind :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1782751

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info