Pathing and Cyclone

This MUST be an ongoing complaint about cyclone. That it stops you on any little thing with collision is bogus. And it isn't merely touchy, sometimes it is outright bullshit. Just today in one of tora's little dens I found an invisible wall I could walk through, but not cyclone though. And it was at the entrance to the main room so it stopped and prevented my cyclone killing me. Walked past it, cleared the room with no trouble, then spent some time confirming the behavior of the invisible wall. No reccording software of experience with it, else I'd have recorded it.

Far as I see it, the solution is very simple. Give cyclone the same pathing as walking. If I could click somewhere and walk around the pebble in the way, let me cyclone to the same spot and around the pebble. And if that is somehow OP, how about just leaving us spinning in place if trying to cyclone in a blocked direction. Because those pebbles will hook you, and suddenly there is a 10 degree wedge directly back you can cyclone in or you just die.

As it is, stopping cyclone like that is a huge liability no other skill has to deal with. Besides the inconsistency with how many things will stop you you can't see without monsters in the way, with a breach on the go you can't even see the ground.
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2016, 11:57:03 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Cyclone is dead long life cyclone (ak BV)

Its old, GGG doesn't care.

But jokes aside, did u already cyclone into a wall and only be able to get out by cycloning into the opposite direction. Not 90° not 100°, 180° +-10° maybe. That's fun.....
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
it's funny - I was using it and at first it was great against breaches. I dont mind navigating through obstacles AS LONG AS I CAN SEE THEM

when breaches start that visual aids on the ground it covers up all of the obstacles - cant see them at all. this made cyclone basically unusable
I`m using Cyclone too because they mentioned it about the meele range.

Died so often cause i get stuck on every single piece on the gound in the middle of mobs.

@ggg Cant understand this politics. Instead of Balance the Game and those Gems so they can compete with
eachother you fear it because those players who actually use them could quit.
BUT EVERY SINGLE LEAGUE YOU CRUSH THE Meta Builds. Those Builsd People Spend the Most Currency on it.
The Whole "Path" of Exile is an Illusion. New Players see 20 Gems and think ah i can play whatever i want but the reality is there are only 4-5 gems who you can use.
But they will use Dual strike / Double strike and then their build suck and then they quit !

Sad man im loosing the fun on this game slowly and i think my breath is gone.
Running one Map after another, die due to stuck and finding complete nothing.
When have you even found yourself something good.
I bet ggg hasnt played their own game from 1-90 since 2 years.
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang
To be fair, my char last league used double strike and was my first build. I was clearing t14 maps by lvl 90. Frankly, enjoyed the playstyle more. Might swap over to a new double strike build when I have enough regrets stashed.
"
grepman wrote:
it's funny - I was using it and at first it was great against breaches. I dont mind navigating through obstacles AS LONG AS I CAN SEE THEM

when breaches start that visual aids on the ground it covers up all of the obstacles - cant see them at all. this made cyclone basically unusable

ABSOLUTELY

Cannot see shit at all in breach! Maybe when attemping to cyclone on an unreachable location such as a wall/obstacle, have it try something like vaal cyclone's spin in place... but choosing a duration is tricky. If too short, it may suddenly cause players to drain a lot of their mana if they can't hit (leech) much and if it's too long it may be just as dangerous since they are attack in place when they expected to move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHDAzm48a0#t=60s Also this is still in the game at fairgraves!
Cyclone has had bugs left in it for that long? Perhaps I should do what everyone else does, and use only new/developer favorite skills.
Gonna bump this, because i seriously think cyclone needs to path the same as walking. Or SOMETHING. Having your spins randomly stop and hooking you on invisible debris while fighting huge hordes is absolutely no fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info