Spirit Offering needs love

Ok so i love Spirit offering but compared to the other offerings its complete shit.

This skill needs more love.

suggestions:

Increase damage conversion
Grants 1% life regen + .05 per Q.
Grants Zelots oath.

just some idea.

Awesome skill but needs to be fine tuned. at its current state it is a completely useless skill :(
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016, 10:01:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Spirit Offering is just fine as a offensive/defensive option with something like knitted horrors spectres but that is about it.

Problem is, flesh offering and flame sentinel spectres just hands down beats it. Knitted horrors have terrible ai versus fs.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Spirit Offering is just fine as a offensive/defensive option with something like knitted horrors spectres but that is about it.

Problem is, flesh offering and flame sentinel spectres just hands down beats it. Knitted horrors have terrible ai versus fs.

so... you agree its a piece of shit skill?
Spirit Offering WOULD be great, if it weren't for one thing....

The ES it gives you is based on your life.

Wait, what?

Offering skill, for minion builds...So Necromancer.

Life base necromancer? There is ES by the Witch start, by BOTH of the minion damage wheels, AND you're Witch, so not far from CI and far from good life nodes.

WHY would it be based on LIFE if it's for WITCHES?

Make Spirit Offering give ES based on Life AND ES, and it might be a good hybrid option between offense and defense.

I don't expect or want Spirit Offering to beat Flesh Offering for pure damage, because that's all Flesh is good for, and I don't want it to be shit. And making it the best for defenses would be foolish, as that is what Bone Offering is for, and we don't want that to be shit.

It did, and still kinda does, have the chance to be a good middle ground between Flesh and Bone, adding damage and adding ES.

But the ES cannot be based on a life pool you don't have. Even if you go LL Necro...It's STILL basing the ES it gives you off a tiny, tiny life pool.

TLDR Make it give ES based on ES, or ES/Life, or anything BUT pure life. Hell, an amount per number of minions, or recently consumed corpses, or IDGAF, just not life.

- Sheepster
It gives great buffs offensivly and defensivly.
"*Mimimi* but my necromancer witch doesn't get so much ES out of it while still getting all the other benefits."
Not everything has to be strong with everything. My Chance to ignite is useless on my Flamesurge *mimimi*.

"
Nssheepster wrote:

Make Spirit Offering give ES based on Life AND ES, and it might be a good hybrid option between offense and defense.

Yeah, or completly fuck it up by buffing the buffed buffs when casting it multiple times.
Minions does have lots of life. Spirit Offering defense is for minions in the first place.
Damage is smaller, but it is chaos based => good real damage.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Spirit Offering WOULD be great, if it weren't for one thing....

The ES it gives you is based on your life.

Wait, what?

Offering skill, for minion builds...So Necromancer.

Life base necromancer? There is ES by the Witch start, by BOTH of the minion damage wheels, AND you're Witch, so not far from CI and far from good life nodes.

WHY would it be based on LIFE if it's for WITCHES?

I don't expect or want Spirit Offering to beat Flesh Offering for pure damage, because that's all Flesh is good for, and I don't want it to be shit. And making it the best for defenses would be foolish, as that is what Bone Offering is for, and we don't want that to be shit.

It did, and still kinda does, have the chance to be a good middle ground between Flesh and Bone, adding damage and adding ES.

Also consider layering up more defense other than es for a summoner. MoM+EB to reserve all your mana is godly with summoning. Can use more auras or blasphemy curses and such.

But the ES cannot be based on a life pool you don't have. Even if you go LL Necro...It's STILL basing the ES it gives you off a tiny, tiny life pool.

TLDR Make it give ES based on ES, or ES/Life, or anything BUT pure life. Hell, an amount per number of minions, or recently consumed corpses, or IDGAF, just not life.

If you are using Spirit offering to regain ES, it is meant to be spammed more than the other two offerings. Spirit offering is meant to give your minions es based on their life, which in regards to zombies and such, have huge life pools much easier than what your character can reach herself.

Saying spirit offering should be better because "obviously a summoner witch should go CI" is pretty disingenuous. There is plenty of hybrid nodes around witch and Summoners aren't naturally supposed to buff themselves nearly as much as their minions. When I used spirit offering on my minions, Spirit offering gave my witch a solid 600+ es per cast, easy to sit there spamming away and maintaining full hp and es in dicy fights.

You can make the argument that summons should pull a bit more aggro, summoners usually get shit on for higher end maps because it is stupid that they should have to be tanky because GGG went out of their way to make summons less aggro pulling. But the problem isn't naturally spirit offering being too weak. Reduced physical damage per zombie was a good idea on balancing's behalf but there needs to be more if GGG doesn't want to put aggro pulling back on minions. Give some defense per spectre or something in the same vein.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Dec 5, 2016, 10:02:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info