2 player co-op bandits

This problem is entirely unique as far as I know. I found no other reports of this bug or fixes.
Me and my new friend are going through the game, and when we got to bandits and tried to help oak the first time Oak died and I got the Apex and Health.
Now, note that I got the Apex and Health. He didn't get either. Every time we attempt this it autoselects help for me and when my friend chooses help nothing happens.
We tried several fixes, mostly with portals.
Am I a horrible reseacher and this is a common bug or is this actually completely unique?
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016, 5:54:04 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't think there is a bug but I can't exactly tell what problem you are describing. Once you finish the bandit quest there is no way to choose differently, so that's why your selection is predetermined. Your friend needs to look at his quest log to see what part of the quest is unmet. You only get the apex when you finish the quest. Helping Oak finished the quest for you. Your friend probably still has more than 1 bandit to deal with before the quest can end.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
We were playing together. I've played for 700 hours. There's no way I missed a bandit and he was there for each one. Oak is the only one not done, and he proved it by sharing his screen in a skype call.
"
Buckethead390 wrote:
We were playing together. I've played for 700 hours. There's no way I missed a bandit and he was there for each one. Oak is the only one not done, and he proved it by sharing his screen in a skype call.
Obviously you didn't miss a bandit. You said you got the apex. But what does his quest log say? Did he get credit for killing Alira and Kraityn? Sounds like he still has a bandit to deal with before Oak will complete the quest. Did he die at all during the other two bandits? Did he pick up both amulet pieces from them?

If he did get credit for the first two kills, did you try letting him do Oak by himself?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Dec 5, 2016, 8:40:01 AM
He has done both. He has attempted it alone. Same result.
"
Buckethead390 wrote:
when my friend chooses help nothing happens

Sounds like your friend is missing one or more quest items (Kraityn's and Alira's amulets).
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Buckethead390 wrote:
when my friend chooses help nothing happens

Sounds like your friend is missing one or more quest items (Kraityn's and Alira's amulets).

As I mentioned earlier, we did both bandits. He screen shared and he's killed both other bandits, has both other parts, and the only bandit that he hasn't killed is Oak. It's at the top right of the screen.
I. am not. That big. Of an idiot. >_>
Edit: So he only has one part of the amulet. My bad. New theory: he's an idiot and didn't pick up a quest item. Again. Going to check.
Edit 2: Killed Kraityn(The part he doesn't have)and he didn't drop the amulet. Bug or does he not drop it on consecutive kills if he hasn't already received it?
Edit THREE: It randomly appeared in his inventory after killing him. You should probably make it so players can't leave until the player(s) picks up the amulet piece. Otherwise, I apologize for this.
Last edited by Buckethead390 on Dec 5, 2016, 6:03:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info