Cast when Channeling mechanic question.

So yesterday i saw my build completely fall apart after getting cast when channeling gem.

the idea was to cast scorching ray and have it proc firestorm.

The gem does exactly what it says however, i was hoping that the supported spell would be casted on my cursor and not the end of the beam. It made my build completely useless since the firestorm wasnt being casted in blasphemy curse range. And thus i can't leech from things that come close or are meeleeing me.

Is this intended? Would the change i suggested be so game breaking?

Hopefully this can be changed or R.I.P. CwC already. At least the variant i made for it :)
This world is an illusion, Exile!
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2016, 12:25:57 PM
I think it's very unlikely that it will be changed. All trigger supports that cast target-able skills have always cast aimed at their own target, and probably always will. While I personally feel like it makes some trigger builds feel kinda clunky, I also feel that it makes more sense for them to aim at their own target. I mean you aren't casting it yourself, so you shouldn't be the one targeting with it. I would also imagine that it would cause more problems than it would fix. Unfortunate, but nevertheless that's just how it is.
So use a different spell. Fireball still has the massive damage buff it got last league. Also I have been told that Scorching Ray counts as a burn for Flame Surge's damage bonus.
"
HecatesLover wrote:
So use a different spell. Fireball still has the massive damage buff it got last league. Also I have been told that Scorching Ray counts as a burn for Flame Surge's damage bonus.

I have tried flame surge for awhile but couldnt leech enough at that point.

gave up for now but will try again when i get more gear and gem levels. it's deffo not good to play at 38 when u unlock CwC :)
This world is an illusion, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info