Cast on Channeling + Minions disables AI

When using a Cast on Channeling with a minion spell linked (tried with scorching ray + SRS and SR with Skelletons) the minion is summoned, but don't react to enemies
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2016, 10:03:59 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can confirm similarly with Blade Flurry + Cast while Channeling + SRS + Summon Skeletons. Only attaching a single SRS or Summon Skeletons to BF + CwC produces similar results.

Summoned Skeletons seem to move around almost in a turn-based fashion. Every second or two, they might teleport a tile or so away, and monsters are getting hit as well, seemingly by skeletons that are visually not adjecent to the mob. After a while, once all enemies are dead, the skeletons might wander around a little bit, almost as if they have entered another animation state?

Summoned Skulls seem to remain in suspended animation next to me, and don't move.

Edit: I recorded a brief video to showcase the behaviour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bupcyPvpLVk
Identity is cheap. Reputation is priceless.

Retired Let's Player.
Retired HC player.
Still a SSF hipster build player who loves Ruthless.
Last edited by narnach on Dec 2, 2016, 4:39:33 PM
Thanks will get it fixed!
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

Thanks! Cross-posted an update to my post with a link to a video I recorded, in case you wanted to see the bug in action.

Retired Let's Player.
Retired HC player.
"
narnach wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

Thanks! Cross-posted an update to my post with a link to a video I recorded, in case you wanted to see the bug in action.

Thanks but shouldn't be necessary, we've reproduced the problem locally already working on a fix.
That's good to hear, thanks for jumping on this so quickly!

Retired Let's Player.
Retired HC player.
Cast While Channeling doesn't seem to work with anything that requires a corpse. This includes all Offerings, Raise Zombie, and Detonate Dead. Is this intended?

If so, why?
"
Psychodabble wrote:
Cast While Channeling doesn't seem to work with anything that requires a corpse. This includes all Offerings, Raise Zombie, and Detonate Dead. Is this intended?

If so, why?

I'd be curious to know this as well. I just reproduced this again with the hotfixed 2.5.0, which does make Summon Skeletons and Summon Raging Spirits work as intended.
Wither + Cast while Channeling + Desecrate + Detonate Dead = lots of desecrate corpses, none detonate.
Ditto for Raise Spectre and Raise Zombie.
When highlighting Cast while Channling in my tabula, the links for Raise Zombie and Raise Spectre do light up. Based on this, the interface suggests it should work and it's currently bugged. If it was not supposed to work, the links would not highlight.

Retired Let's Player.
Retired HC player.
"
narnach wrote:
"
Psychodabble wrote:

If so, why?

I'd be curious to know this as well. I just reproduced this again with the hotfixed 2.5.0, which does make Summon Skeletons and Summon Raging Spirits work as intended.
Wither + Cast while Channeling + Desecrate + Detonate Dead = lots of desecrate corpses, none detonate.
Ditto for Raise Spectre and Raise Zombie.
When highlighting Cast while Channling in my tabula, the links for Raise Zombie and Raise Spectre do light up. Based on this, the interface suggests it should work and it's currently bugged. If it was not supposed to work, the links would not highlight.

Not sure if this is the case... but AFAIK the CwC casts the linked spells where your cursor aims... if thus if you are not aiming with your cursor upon an dead corpse when the proc happens that might be the problem?

/god my english... :s
hopefully you understood what I tried to say, eh...
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Last edited by Moribundus on Dec 24, 2016, 10:05:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info