Still no persistent spectres

It's incredibly saddening to lose your t15 or t16 goatmen fire raisers, sentinels or merveil's blessed when you log out. Really sucks
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2016, 12:37:00 PM
Recent ZiggyD's tweet:

"Like re: spectres for example. GGG is working on a persistancy solution, currently figuring how they can implement it. Not in 2.5 though."

Is Chris himself playing a summoner toon or what? I still can't believe it! :D.
Last edited by pathfinding on Nov 29, 2016, 10:55:05 PM
"
pathfinding wrote:
Recent ZiggyD's tweet:

"Like re: spectres for example. GGG is working on a persistancy solution, currently figuring how they can implement it. Not in 2.5 though."

If they do this , they will nerf Spectres into the ground in 1-2 patch cycles , and they will become unplayable .

GGG stated this before a million times that if they grant the minions better AI they will be forced to nerf them really hard .

If they make them permanent , expect ridiculous anti-fun changes .

Be careful what you wish for .
Last edited by BestMageKR on Nov 29, 2016, 11:01:34 PM
"
BestMageKR wrote:
"
pathfinding wrote:
Recent ZiggyD's tweet:

If they do this , they will nerf Spectres into the ground in 1-2 patch cycles , and they will become unplayable .

GGG stated this before a million times that if they grant the minions better AI they will be forced to nerf them really hard .

If they make them permanent , expect ridiculously anti-qol changes .

Um ai and what you quoted =/= ..... not even close.. nope .. no

summoners need serious qol improvements in addition to balance

convocation is a shit gem tax with a cool down that makes it impossible to allow minions to avoid bullet hell threats that characterize ... pretty much everything after t14 maps.

the desecrate offering combo is again excessively clunky

And there are several game performance issues plagueing the skills

srs getting cut down to 20 from 50 is 100% a result of said performance issues

Ai , honestly .. is not even in my top ten list for .. shit that needs to be fixed for summoners .. frankly i dont think i have it any where. minion AI is actually fine as it is

if you want autonomous you have that in srs and skeletons .. it works
if you want some control well you have to accept the double edged sword that is the fact that zombies guardian golems and spectres all go to where ever your pointer is.

frankly minion ai would be a total non issue if convocation actually did a right proper job and could actually keep minions out of stuff like the shaper death beam etc.

its hard to make viable zombie builds when they run right back at the shaper while he still fires the beam while your shitty little convo is on 8 second fuck you mode.

thats number 2 right behind specter qol
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 29, 2016, 11:13:25 PM
"
BestMageKR wrote:

If they make them permanent , expect ridiculous anti-fun changes .

Sure, summoners have many drawbacks and I don't think anyone *not* interested in the specific summoner playstyle itself will ever choose a summoner build (at least not a classical build, excluding SRS for example), no matter the QoL changes. But I personally see spectre persistence as a core issue and core QoL change that the necro community has been very vocal about for years. So if GGG really works on it, I think they deserve the credit (the actual implementation date of these changes is another question ofc...).

And I don't really see why would they need to nerf spectres if persistence takes place, it's a permanent minion anyway, it doesn't have a set duration once you raise it. Even if they decide to make some balance tweaking of spectres raised in endgame maps, that doesn't negate the QoL improvement itself.

Btw, when you say "GGG stated this before a million times that if they grant the minions better AI they will be forced to nerf them really hard," I can't see any direct relationship between spectre AI and spectre persistence...
because there isnt one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info