What should I play? Some suggestions would be great!

I am away on business from the 1st to the 5th so I am missing out on the start of the Breach league :( I have a Lenovo Yoga that I use for work, and I get around 10 FPS running PoE on it.

So, I want to buy a few games to pass the time next weekend, something that is not GPU intensive, and that is not online.

Recently I played Stardew Valley and I enjoyed it a fair bit. It was a great time killer and it had a lot more depth than I first thought.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could play to get my mind off of PoE this weekend.
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2016, 7:42:59 PM
You can try Eschalon part II. Its turn based RPG. I have played it 3 times :). From all 3 pars is best imho.

Here is teaser how it looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPDN9g9dmE
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 27, 2016, 10:28:34 AM
The Walking Dead is 75% off at €5.74.

Telltale Games are pretty well known for following a trend - they're enjoyable and rich experiences, but the graphics deliberately follow a cartoony look and the gameplay is limited to decisions you make. The decisions are meaningful to an extent, but I would not say TWD has replayability.

I played it once, and I'm glad I did, but it's not something I'll be going back to. If you do think you'd enjoy it and want more of the same, there's always Season 2 available for the same price.

This War Of Mine is 80% off at €3.79.

TWOM is quite similar to Telltale Games' offerings. I would, however, say it has better replay value. You have to balance doing what is needed to survive, with being humane so that your characters can live with themselves, and focus on survival while allowing some luxuries to keep them going.

Different playthroughs can be wildly different experiences - and difficulties. If it's your first time playing and the game decides it's Winter time, you might want to save yourself the frustration and reroll. But hey, if you fancy a challenge, don't let me stop you from giving it a go!

Shadowrun Returns is 80% off at €2.99.

An isometric turn-based RPG. I'm mostly adding this one because it's the most gameplay-centric of my suggestions, and if you start getting bored of playing story-orientated games, it's nice to have this available. I'm also suggesting this game because it's definitely worth the price of a coffee.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Nov 27, 2016, 6:37:27 PM
Underrail
Really nice character building and crafting with plenty of viable options.
Amazing exploration with unmapped dungeons, really dangerous enemies and worthwhile loot.
My favourite among the crpg revivals.
"
DonutDuDe1212 wrote:
Underrail
Really nice character building and crafting with plenty of viable options.
Amazing exploration with unmapped dungeons, really dangerous enemies and worthwhile loot.
My favourite among the crpg revivals.
If only it didn't have so horribly tiny inventory icons. Like the game but can't play for any good amount of time, my eyes want to bleed from it :(
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
One Way Heroes is a timer-turn based RPG game that is really fun. It's a roguelike or something. You have a set goal and when you reach it the game ends, but you unlock different things each playthrough. Very low graphic requirement.

Crawl is an ARPG and makes my top 10 list. Just amazing if you don't mind minimalist pixel art. These are developers that know how to make a solid game. The a.i. is quite good and can likely keep you entertained for the weekend. Also very low graphic requirement.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Nov 28, 2016, 11:40:22 PM
Underrail,is really awesome. Flew under my radar.

member of The Old Timers Guild
Also playing : D3 valhalla#1240 , Grim Dawn , TQ+IT
If you aren't against 2D games where you can count the pixels, then I highly recommend theses two:

Terraria
At the first glance it seems like minecraft in 2D, but is focuses much, MUCH more on fighting. There are a lot of NPCs aswell, all of which require certain conditions to be met before they appear. You have a lot of weapons, enemies, biomes and challenges. It makes A LOT of fun, both alone and in multiplayer.
Not very expensive either, usually around 10 bucks, but often less due to steam sales.

FTL - Faster than Light
Somewhat of a Roguelike, but this time in space. You have your own spaceship (One at the beginning, you can unlock nine more. 8 of them have 3 different layouts, 2 have 2 different layouts) which you have to navigate through 8 sectors in order to defeat a rebel flagship. On your way you have to fight other ships, complete small quests and upgrade your ship.
One whole playthrough takes me roughly 2 hours, varying depending on my luck and strategy. Unlocking stuff takes quite a while though (especially one of the ships is a major pain in the ass to unlock... either that or time consuming as all hell.).
Same price as terraria.

You should look them up :D

Edit notes:
-Reduced clutter by roughly 10% (this is a buff)
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Nov 29, 2016, 7:43:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info