It's new pc time

Hi all. I've got about a 1000 pounds to spend on a new pc. The 2 main games I play are poe and lol. I'm just starting to get into making and editing videos and I would like to stream at some point too. I don't need a moniter and basically want the beastiest beast I can get for my money. Obviously a custom job. Suggestions please
Thanks in advance
Razza
Last edited by brutalrazial on Nov 22, 2016, 5:07:05 AM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 10:12:48 AM
One week ago I bought my new computer for that amount, and I only play lol/poe too :) So that's what I can recommend, what I got, and I'm pleased:
intel i5 3.2 gb 6500
geforce gt 9600
hyperx fury black 16 gb ddr4 (2x 8)
goodram 500 gb ssd (2x 250)
some mainboard to maintain ram, processor and graphics - can't remember what, some msi or gigabyte probably
some quiet power supply - I bought bequiet pure power l8, and it's quiet :)
some stylish casing :D

Btw. If you can buy OEM version of procesor (not BOX) and add cooling, or change box cooling for some other (example silentiumpc fortis 3 - that's mine)

@edit
I actually spend 600 punds ;p So you can get upgrades - i7, geforce 1k+, more ram/disk space :)
Last edited by silas177 on Nov 22, 2016, 8:36:08 AM
Hey thanks for the reply. I was thinking an i7 too.. does that graphics card let you play at full specs? I also want to stream as high quality as possible without too much loss of fps.. I actually can't play poe atm cause my fps is awfully even without streaming and on medium res. Thanks for your advice

By the way what elo are you in lol.. I'm only a dirty bronzer but if you want someone chilled to play with add me. Ign brutalrazial
Hi. No problemo. With my specs I play on full details - everything high, 16x filtering etc. I play mostly solo/one - two friends, and I had no problems so far. No issues at all, eaven tho I play with mjolner discharge. So it's k I suppose :P

What server? I play on eune, plat division in solo/duo and currently gold in flex :X
Last edited by silas177 on Nov 22, 2016, 9:09:21 AM
Hey nice one.. I run a srs summoner with zombies and spectres.

I'm on euw. This was my first season of lol and I finished b1.. got a long way to go. Who do you main? I'm loving sona/brand supp and I rock shyvana/kha'zix in jungle. Trying to find a good champion I can carry with instead of relying on salty teammates all the time ;)
Hmmm let's see, the most I like to play is midlane - mostly diana, ahri, sometimes syndra, lux, akali, annie and other random champs. Next is support - tahm, braum, sometimes leona or blitz. The last but no least, jungle - j4, elise, rango. But I play with like half of the champions, or more, very versatile, I dont have patient to play just few ;p So I stuck in plat bcos at higher divisions you need large skill in my opinion to compete with others. But I dont really care bout rank, so plat is fine by me.
Best meta if you want have higher rank is to find your few champs, who suits you, and master them.

I like summoner too, I'm thinking about to create SRS one in next temp new league in december :D Or maybe some blade fury if poison won't be nerfed
Last edited by silas177 on Nov 22, 2016, 10:51:07 AM
For that money you can get an i5-6600k, an Nvidia GTX 1070, 16 GB of RAM and a 500 GB SSD. That PC would be enough for even 1440p at max details, at least in most games. I don't think an i7 is worth it unless you plan on encoding hours worth of video every day or so.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Hey all
Thanks for your advice;. This is what i ended up going with. Really happy with it:)

Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit... ( 1)
Gigabyte Z170-Gaming K3 Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard ( 1)
Corsair Carbide 600C Full Tower Inverse Gaming Case - Black Window (CC-901107... ( 1)
OcUK Mega Mat XXL Elite Tactical Gaming Surface ( 1)
Asus Cerberus Black Gaming Keyboard ( 1)
EVGA BQ 850W 80 Plus Bronze Semi Modular Power Supply ( 1)
ACX EVGA CPU cooler, Black - 120 mm ( 1)
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail *FREE ... ( 1)
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST1000DM003) ( 1)
Samsung 250GB 850 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 32 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Driv... ( 1)
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g) ( 1)
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card ( 1)

Thansk again
Razza
Hey,

all is great but that graphic card is rather weak (in compare to ur overall computer). Try to add few coins and buy 1070 gtx. If you can not afford it now, you will want to change graphic card soon, I am sure of that. 1060 is a bit better than 970 and can not reach gtx 980 card. I am talking about games here. If you are rendering in 3D Studio MAX and similar and games are rather secondary than its due budget good choice though.

ps: If you dont plan to upgrade graphic card than I would follow what Xavderion recommended.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 27, 2016, 10:21:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info