Temporal Chains Blasphemy visuals DX11

I have to assume this is a bug because it looks significantly worse on DX11.

The original Temporal Chains blasphemy effect has a transparent, ghostly chain floating around your character. On the DX11 client, the chain looks physical with low quality texture sticking out.

Win10 64bit
GTX970
i7-3770
driver version 368.81
Last edited by Wombo on Nov 18, 2016, 4:57:35 AM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2017, 12:06:31 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This effect is still present in 2.5.0. Would it be possible to get confirmation as to whether this is a bug or an intentional change?
Still present in 2.5.2.
I doubt it's a bug and I don't think the DX11 one looks worse.

Sure, it looks very flat as if there's a 3D chain being printed on a 2D surface like a sheet of paper which doesn't look very convincing. But the DX9 chain looks partially invisible which is far worse. The links are much easier to see on DX11, which I'd assume is intentional.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I guess that is a matter of personal taste, I think the DX9 one looks much better. The DX11 one looks extremely jaggy, it's pretty clear those textures are meant to be transparent and not visible like they are at the moment (MSAA doesn't apply to alpha textures AFAIK which would explain the ugly jaggies).

I personally Would really appreciate if this could get fixed, I think it really stands out compared to the polished look of the rest of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info