Way to set up WASD for mouse?

Please hear me out. I get massive wrist strain for some reason when playing ARPG's. I just can't play them long at all. I don't know if it's from holding down a click button (I'm aware I can have a key to hold to move)and/or the minute mouse movements. Either way, even with a key bound to move, I still get the wrist strain. It's literally crippling and I have stopped playing ARPG's all together due to this. The only one that didn't absolutely murder me was Devilian and I believe that's because it featured wasd movement.

Is there any way to set this up with autohotkey or some other program? I'd really like to start up next league with a buddy but I absolutely cannot if I can't figure out an alternate control scheme.

Thanks.
Last edited by anatomyhorror on Nov 15, 2016, 4:12:35 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2016, 11:56:08 AM
Only way would be to setup controller support and use the joystick to move the mouse around. Movement is click based only so even if you mapped your clicking differently, the mouse cursor still has to move. I have no idea how to setup a controller for PoE, but I know there is a streamer that does it so there has to be a way. You can always look him up and ask him, not sure what is name is, but the stream is usually called "poe with controller" or something obvious enough.
If you're getting even mild pain, numbness or tingling while using your computer, I suggest wrist exercises, not button remapping. Start with it before it's too late.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I second the idea of wrist exercises also possibly looking into a more ergonomic mouse or possibly a good trackball. my logitech trackball saved me a lot of pain
See other forum post: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/43239/page/1

Yes it's possible. Which is good as I can't play mouse-only games that require too much clicking either.
"
SimianJyhad wrote:
I second the idea of wrist exercises also possibly looking into a more ergonomic mouse or possibly a good trackball. my logitech trackball saved me a lot of pain

I started playing pretty dang hardcore about a week ago and I did some wrist exercises for a few days. Helped immensely. Knock on wood but on day 1 the wrist pain was there but I did the exercises. Never felt the pain since day 1 of playing. Just kept doing the wrist workouts and everything is good. Have never really played POE but now I've got a 84 and an 83 in my true first league.

So, thanks for the replies and recommendation for the wrist workouts. I had previously bookmarked a video from some starcraft player showing some different exercises a while ago but never tried them until I started playing POE last week.
Last edited by anatomyhorror on Dec 14, 2016, 11:57:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info