[TableTop Game] Corvus Belli - Infinity

Hi All,

Just wondered if there are anyone here who is an old time Warhammer 40k player? I mean people that used to play with 5th edition and before?
If you wonder why I'm asking, it's because I want to advertise a different tabletop system. As you guys who played 40k long, are well aware that the 6th and especially 7th edition ruin the game (for me and most people I know). If you fedup with the new rules and silly gimmicks Games Workshop added and you literally stopped playing. Are you figure cases gather dust? Well maybe its time to sell them.

If you havent heard about it (which is very likely) just like me, I would suggest to check it out.
Here is a link to their website:

or just google corvus belli infinity

Generally I'm only learning the system and game mechanics, but so far its been brilliant.

The lore is more like 40k than classic warhammer. It's taking place in the future, where corporations are ruling the economy and generally fight between each other.

The actually game, is very dynamic as well, nothing like 40k. Its still turn based, but for every action there can be a reaction from the other player, making the game feels more realistic (No more taking a coffee break while your opponent do his things in the turn).
The cool thing about this system, is that everything counts, each inch you move is important and can be fatal, they way your model is facing is important, picking up strategic positions on the battlefield is crucial.

Generally is a very fun to play tabletop game.

But most importantly its pretty cheap to run, the game designers gave us great tools to plan armies, and even the main rulebook is free to download from their official website !

And the models.... my god, they look amazing.
If you like futuristic stuff this is for you, bio mechanics, mechas, power armors, thermal-camouflage, hackers its all there, so yeah. Go check it out !

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2016, 1:23:53 PM
We started playing Infinity back in 2013 (2nd ed) but the player-base at our LGS dropped out pretty quick, probably because, after playing 40k for so long, it's pretty much impssible to "netlist" (in PoE terms, "metabuilding"); to use a common signature tagline on the CB forums, "It's not your list, it's YOU!"

THe game itself is very dynamic, almost too dynamic for its own good, which causes it to have an extremely steep learning curve.

For myself, I have ~400 pts worth of Yu Jing and ~350 pts of ALEPH models in my collection. From a hobby standpoint, they are both frustrating and rewarding. Frustrating, because you have a lot of fiddly bits that are impossible to pin together due to their tiny size... which means I am constantly having to do damage control on my collection after every other trip to the LGS. Also, the texture details on the minis are shallow, which means a lot of common painting techniques don't work as well as, say, GW or PP minis. As far as being rewarding, once you re-learn how to paint, some of them look amazing. As an added bonus, you can go off the beaten path when considering color schemes... I did some of my female heavy infantry based on color schemes from Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, because I could.

THat said, I've been drawn to http://dark-age.com/ as of late. Another sci-fi d20 TTG system. THe core game is simpler, without being dumbed-down, and there are a lot of built-in things to keep play dynamic, such as randomly-drawn secondary objectives. THe minis themselves are a mixed bag. For me, the Dragyri are generally awesome, CORE have a lot of awesome and are in general very good, Brood run the full spectrum from awesome to total ass. The human factions are pretty meh with the occasional awesome mini, but in a game such as this, I generally don't play human factions if I can avoid it, so not really an issue.
/derailment

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info