Earthquake

I read about a major earthquake in NZ. I really hope you are all OK.

We are having a major Earthquake sequence also here in Italy (only 6.5, but it is enough for our small town of ancient buildings), and i know what it means....

Dario (aka HG)
Roma timezone (Italy)
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2016, 2:03:55 PM
Living in Taranaki, New Plymouth (North Island) here and we felt the first big one 7.5 that happened in the south Island. It was a rolling quake, first one I have ever experienced.. it just went on and on and started to get scary. It was probably the longest and strongest quake I have ever felt in my life.

I have never been in a severe quake where things are crumbling around you, but I did start to feel for the first time in my life that sense of no control when it comes to quakes, so even though we were quite far from the epicentre. The feels started to get up there.

Edit: More information here if others are interested..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/86416268/severe-66-earthquake-hits-hamner-springs-felt-as-far-away-as-auckland

https://www.geonet.org.nz/quakes/region/newzealand/2016p858000
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Nov 13, 2016, 8:41:46 AM
2.5m Tsunami measured near the epicenter. Hope GGG offices are not beach-front property.
GGG Offices in Auckland, top of the North Island basically. They should be pretty safe.
#NeverGoing90
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all please be safe.

seems earth quakes are busy this year here in OKC we have had quit a few in the last 6 months biggest so far is 5.5 not near as bad. Altho i live in tornado ally so i know what its like when it gets real..
Hope all of GGG and everyone else there is safe. In my prayers.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Thoughts go out to all of NZ. Stay safe GGG. I hope all of your families are out of the danger zone.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
HellGauss wrote:

We are having a major Earthquake sequence also here in Italy (only 6.5, but it is enough for our small town of ancient buildings), and i know what it means....

Dario (aka HG)

Don't worry, eq is nerfed.
"
katchwi wrote:
"
HellGauss wrote:

Dario (aka HG)

Don't worry, eq is nerfed.

I loled so hard at this!

I hope you guys are safe (as well as all new zealanders of course!). Stay strong!
Must be testing boppers off shore. Stay safe!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info