Really want to play but hate mapping, don't know what to do...

I was expecting Atlas to give a new type of endgame but no...

I really hope that we can have some kind of "endless" instances in the future, an endgame where we don't have to care about spending currency or finding maps, just chillin'

Basically some kind of Descent race idea: "Characters enter a dungeon and fight their way through 15 levels, meeting increasingly tougher foes on the way down to the bottom level where a final boss awaits" or Endless Ledge: "Players progress through narrow and linear levels that become increasingly difficult."
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2016, 7:36:05 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Engame labyrinth *kind of* works like this, in that the Izaro fights can get progressively harder and harder if you don't deactivate his bonus mods. You can also farm Atziri/Ubder Atziri as an alternative to mapping for endgame. Honestly though, if you hate mapping... then this game might not be for you?
U MAD?
Relying on map drops to be able to run content bothers me too, op. I don't really see how what you suggest is any different from actually playing maps though.

Did you see the announcements? In a couple weeks there will be races, with Descent:Champions too.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Last edited by SunsetVista on Oct 26, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
Full clear uber labs perhaps
"
I don't really see how what you suggest is any different from actually playing maps though.

I would actually enjoy mapping as it is if maps were way longer to complete, having to pick and chaos maps every 2-3 minutes is the worst for me

"
Full clear uber labs perhaps

I ran Uber lab once to get the last 2 points, not running that sh*t again, also i'm not into phase boss fights at all which heavily limits my endgame content enjoyement
For some reason.. when I first saw the Atlas, I envisioned you choosing a starting path and just progressing forward every map you cleared. Maps would still drop but be rarer to find. These new rare map drops can be rolled the same way to find more items but also grant an exp bonus as well.

Progressing through the paths would offer increasing challenges and level tiers but not offer any item drop increase or exp bonus. The new rare maps would do that. Giving added value to maps when they drop.

I thought sextants would alter the entire path you choose to go through.

Unfortunetly the reality is that maps are here to stay. You either have to get used to them or find another game. The release of Atlas solidifies mapping as the core endgame for Path of Exile.
OP why not just run various maps that are linear for the most part and turn the mapping system into your ideal playground. No need to chizel+alch+chaos spam and all of that stuff for even lower end red maps to sustain.

You essentially want D3 rifts, which give all reward but take nothing away, that doesn't really work in a game like PoE, because games are suppose to have sinks, without them people would reach the end too quickly and get burnt out.

Alternatively you can just farm dried lake with something like a sparker or a number of creative builds that focus on one thing.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
You essentially want D3 rifts, which give all reward but take nothing away, that doesn't really work in a game like PoE, because games are suppose to have sinks, without them people would reach the end too quickly and get burnt out.

I personally am more likely to get burnt out by the sinks.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
If you don't like variety, then why not farm Dried Lake? I'm pretty sure that's still the best way to get currency.
ign: Quepha
"
OP why not just run various maps that are linear for the most part and turn the mapping system into your ideal playground. No need to chizel+alch+chaos spam and all of that stuff for even lower end red maps to sustain.

I thought about that yes

"
You essentially want D3 rifts

Yea i'd be happy with D3 rifts type of endgame actually

"
which give all reward but take nothing away

What do you mean all rewards, it's just a succesion of maps making a simpler layout, i'm not saying anything regarding loot quantity or exp, it's just a thought

"
Alternatively you can just farm dried lake with something like a sparker or a number of creative builds that focus on one thing.

It's where i'm having the most fun actually, running Dried Lake in public parties, but kind of boring at the same time because of zone lvl67

"
I personally am more likely to get burnt out by the sinks.

Yea same

"
If you don't like variety, then why not farm Dried Lake? I'm pretty sure that's still the best way to get currency.

I'm not playing for currency, i already have everything i wanted
Last edited by Oriuke on Oct 26, 2016, 2:18:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info