Crafting device.

Hi. Ive been toying with the idea of having a crafting device that allows you to put stops in that will stop the crafting process once certain conditions are met.

For example: chroming: Insert vaal regalia. Set desired colors. GGGGRB. Chrome spam and once you hit the colors it would stop (like jeweler's orbs)

Example 2. Insert magic vaal regalia. Select the prefix drop down- select "impregnable" select suffix drop down- "any"
Alteration spam until the selected prefix/suffix is hit.

This could be an add on to the currency tab or added as a new mastercraft.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by DrFlopolopogus on Oct 26, 2016, 1:38:52 AM
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2016, 1:58:59 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They could put this in with the bench we're hopefully getting for Jewels.

Buy yeah, nice idea. :)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
I'd still use Vorici for coloring, cause Vorici usually is better if you need off-colours than spamming Chromes.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
I'd still use Vorici for coloring, cause Vorici usually is better if you need off-colours than spamming Chromes.

I spam nothing but alts. I've dappled in a few strings of Chaos, but nothing spammy. ("Strings of Chaos" should be a unique name, BTW. And its graphic should be strings of chaos orbs. It'd be a belt, naturally.)

I'm with you on the off-primary stat socket coloring being a Vorici job.
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
Last edited by bwam on Oct 26, 2016, 2:40:21 AM
I agree that vorci does help with chroming. But in my small stint playing standard i decided to try crafting. Alt spamming takes so many tries to get the top tiers that you sometimes roll over the affix you wanted. All Im suggesting here is having a system that can prevent you from rolling over the desired affix. I am sure this would also do wonders for the SSF players as well. The only issue I see with having this system in play would be making the crafting process too efficient therefore making top tier rares more abundant lowering prices.
This could be implemented into the current devices or hell give Navali some special bench. So many times I've gotten the pattern/affix I was looking for only to have me click again and see it disappear.

Great idea.
Last edited by Bioness on Oct 26, 2016, 8:23:10 AM
"
bwam wrote:

Not sure why you would assume that a bench would get added for jewels, it isn't logical unless they want to increase the power of the player without much cost.

Considering jewels are only 4 stats, having a bench that can craft onto jewels just means people trans+aug+regal+bench craft, instead of that last one coming from an exalt slam.

As for OP's thing, what if you hit one tier lower or higher, it would need to be intelligent and really complex most likely in order to fill everyone's needs.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
bwam wrote:

Not sure why you would assume that a bench would get added for jewels, it isn't logical unless they want to increase the power of the player without much cost.

Considering jewels are only 4 stats, having a bench that can craft onto jewels just means people trans+aug+regal+bench craft, instead of that last one coming from an exalt slam.

As for OP's thing, what if you hit one tier lower or higher, it would need to be intelligent and really complex most likely in order to fill everyone's needs.

nah not really the device would just keep the selected or higher mods.

so if you selected the t3 suffix it would stop at 3,2, or 1 .

Also i think if such a device ever became a thing I think it would be best for it not to work for chaos spamming. just links, coloring, alts.
I can see this now:

I have 1000 alts. Time to do some crafting!
Select Tyrannical Prefix.
Double-check item level and base item type just in case I lose all my alts for nothing.
Ilvl is fine, so I click go.
All alts gone anyway because I got unlucky.
Oh well.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I can see this now:

I have 1000 alts. Time to do some crafting!
Select Tyrannical Prefix.
Double-check item level and base item type just in case I lose all my alts for nothing.
Ilvl is fine, so I click go.
All alts gone anyway because I got unlucky.
Oh well.

you will still be the one using the currency it will just wont let you click anymore once you hit the desired affix.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info