League MTX's

I think they should stop giving people the league mtx's through challenges, because i personally never stick around for endgame where 70% of them needs to be completed. I keep rerolling characters because i love theory crafting and making my own unique builds, so I rarely go past lvl 75 and therefore never gets the challenges done. Yeah i could just keep playing a single character and hope to reach 36 challenges but this would mean i had to stop doing what i like most about PoE.

I love MTX's but the current model doesn't seem fair to me and i am sure i am not alone about this.

Think about it this way: If you got the League mtx's for how many characters you get to level 70.
This would allow me to get all 3 but those who stick with their 1 character would not. Would you be happy with this?

Some people doesn't give a damn about mtx's but i do, alot. But i don't like getting forced to choose between having a good time and not.
Last edited by Midgaard12 on Oct 24, 2016, 6:39:53 PM
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2016, 9:56:55 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That is single handily one of the most terrible suggestions ever to be made. You aren't fucking forced to do this shit dude it's a fucking choice.

''Not fair''

Seriously? boys hold me back.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 24, 2016, 1:51:05 PM
You totally missed the point..

I like MTX's like many others, but my kind of playstyle gives me a handicap.
I would not be able to play as it suits me, if i want the league MTX's.

Making the reward system based on time played, would benefit all equally.
Wow. I disagree with this suggestion totally. The challenge MTX's are my main incentive for playing the leagues. I plan on getting the first MTX, then try hard to get the second, then count out which of the remaining challenges I think I can actually complete. It's extra gameplay for me to plan this stuff out.

And I love spending game time instead of real money to get effects. They mean a lot more to me that way, because I have all the sweet (or not so sweet, div cards, never again for me) memories of completing challenges. For example, in Prophecy, getting the 1000 Rampage Streak was so great when I finally got it.

Actually achieving the challenges on my own is tough and something cool to strive for. The MTX's are the reward for that. They shouldn't just be given out because then they wouldn't be challenges.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Last edited by SunsetVista on Oct 24, 2016, 2:10:04 PM
Thats awesome the current system allows you to have fun, while acquiring the MTX's. Is it too much I ask the same?

I hate challenges and limiting the league MTX's to this only option irritates me.

I personally play leagues because i like the fresh start & MTX's, but the amount of time i have to spend specifically chasing challenges kills me. There must be a better way.

What suggestion are you talking about? I was just trying to prove my point when i talked about getting multiple chars to level 70 instead of challenges. The suggestion about making it time dependent was just the first thing popping up, no serious brain storm.
Last edited by Midgaard12 on Oct 24, 2016, 6:40:52 PM
Yes. You may not think it is challenging to figure out how you are going to get 30 Dark Forest maps and kill the boss, but there is no equivalent "challenge" anyone can come up with that can be done by someone who stops playing at Dried Lake.

You have chosen to not participate in mapping, which is the crucible that tests a character. You should not do anything that irritates you. Just as you do not expect to have Shaper uniques drop for you, you should not expect a Portal effect.
Atleast I have the choice of trading my way to shapers items..

You guys are so close-minded and you don't even take the time to understand what i really mean.
The majority of the challenges are based on doing something which you may not have done or won't accomplish by simply playing the story (or you have to hang in there for a while like level 90). Levelling to 70 takes a few hours for most (let's say 8 hours average but it's under that guaranteed once you have some gear rolling). It would be far too easy to achieve plus doesn't really prove you did anything special. You just completed the story a few times and never even touched maps.

There's already like 10 challenges which are completed by just playing until Merciless. At some point they have to make something actually challenging to complete to justify the MTX awarded.
I guess the problem is that you won't get to 36 unless you buy kills and sit in global 820 24/7 if you aren't playing someting FOTM since most of builds can't handle endgame content with the current balance. You kind of just hit a brick a wall and either make a new alt or stop playing.
Last edited by Raudram on Oct 25, 2016, 12:09:01 AM
"
Raudram wrote:
I guess the problem is that you won't get to 36 unless you buy kills and sit in global 820 24/7 if you aren't playing someting FOTM since most of builds can't handle endgame content with the current balance. You kind of just hit a brick a wall and either make a new alt or stop playing.

This is very true, thanks for pointing it out! Asking for a revisit of the current system ain't to much to ask I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info