Abyssal Cry Doon Cuebiyari 1917 Strength

Hi, this is a short gear showcase of my Abyssal Cry Marauder.
I made this build because normal Essence Drain game play bored me. I lightning warp through the map with this build spamming Abyssal Cry, which also heals me 25% of almost 9k life every 2 seconds. This sustain adds something to the viability of a life build in longer fights, which life based essence drain lacked before. This character had a lot of room to grow past 9k life.

Pros:
Spoiler

Cheap build
Can do all content
Very fun in parties, percentile damage always stays relevant
Almost 9k life
Solid sustain
Can run all map mods

Cons:
Spoiler

Abyssal Cry makes the game freeze for long periods of time
Single Target Damage doesn't vaporize bosses instantly https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1758983

* =

8*3.39*1.39*1.4*1.2 = 63% of target's life as damage to surrounding targets.

Poison and Decay help with large life targets like Beyond Bosses, which are sometimes not instantly killed.

This character has done all content. (Shaper, Uber Atziri, Guardians, Uber Izaro)

Here is a showcase of defensive stats, strength and Maximum Life

Higher strength is possible, but largely unnecessary. The build required durability, so I slowly went from 2662 to 1917 final strength.

Damage without charges:
Spoiler

Damage with charges:
Spoiler

Core items:
Spoiler

Delirium is scaled by Doon Cuebiyari's generic damage modifier gained through strength. It is also modified by supports that modify damage over time or chaos damage.

Stack Strength:
Spoiler

Strength is attained on every piece of gear.

Vulnerability on Hit Corruption removes the need to cast the curse. Quality and level do not increase the damage over time modifier. +1 Frenzy on the boots is very luxury. However, generic more damage is helpful in increasing Abyssal Cry damage.

Jewels:
Spoiler

Silence immunity is relatively cheap and worth it, since the movement skill is a spell.
If you were to run another movement skill, either by running a Delerium Sai for whirling blades, or Leap Slam to also get fortify, this would no longer really be needed.

Abyssal Cry (Pack Clearing):
Spoiler

Are put in Black Sun Crest. They all help with clear speed. Moving Abyssal to a 6L for party play allows for Added Chaos Damage + Rapid Decay.

Lightning Warp:
Spoiler

This ends up dealing enough damage with delirium to clear packs with Abyssal Cry, and so Essence Drain and Contagion are not needed except for the most durable targets.
Rapid Decay and Less Duration modify the damage of Delirium, without reducing the duration. Nice Game. Whirling blades may be used instead if you choose to put Delirium on a Sai. This build initially intended to use Vortex as well, so the scepter I have is a little antiquated but amazingly well rolled.

Essence Drain (Single Target Damage):
Spoiler

Slower Projectiles should be used in place of Empower if it is not level 4, as it also scales the damage inflicted by Delirium and Empower does not. Repentance may be used instead of Meginord's Vise to also pick up Slower Projectiles.

CWDT:
Spoiler

Contagion:
Spoiler

Iron Will can implicitly support this in Doon Cuebiyari.

Wither Totem:
Spoiler

Passive Tree:

Ascendancy:
Spoiler

The 40% more damage also scales Delirium and Abyssal Cry.
War Cry 100% Cooldown Recovery speed and 25% life recovery is also extremely useful.
1% Leech does apply to the explosions from Abyssal Cry. This is a significant amount of non-instant life recovery.

Video:
Spoiler

I am only uploading this one video for this build. It is just a generic map clear. I behave normally and die twice to not being able to react from Abyssal Cry lag. The performance is too poor to map safely while recording. It is a double beyond with -maximum resists and enfeeble (which is the worst damage reduction modifier for this build). There are moments where there are 3 beyond bosses up at a time, but it is very difficult to even see. I felt that this map did a very good job showcasing how Abyssal effects surrounding monsters with this much scaling.
https://youtu.be/C8IhLTICGdo

Estimated Costs:
Spoiler

10 Exalts is enough to start, 16 is enough to finish.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Oct 24, 2016, 6:28:13 AM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 10:22:14 AM
Leveling it had to post since noone has looks fun and thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info