My 1st Scion Build need opinions

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAANhNlKDaYhhWaHT56ILHKPqBr7jQ2jqxBQhnkzq9Jxg8rfFXyQ186rq0DMrTvoqhL7iTHNyPGuvumuBFnVNSMtFFR7UE5CLVpoKb7SB8S7aGaPJyD3GF8xGxQlcpRtfauRhdKU_sOIV7ZlSUb69sa9k0joY7C2HGrgxfHKdTpZZ0xPZyqfcy6hhR5rQvITRBP3dTOzuexZSH37I5ijCXkyeycCpTYpV_xqKjUXSO6c9-XIrB85UgLR8dTzW5pytMs0JLhcXfvjzvdqxgZfH-af7a3STY1YGFbdgkpwgigZ6hVkqOPFPUjYLR5J8BF1RMLRSwgh582Q==

The focus of this build is Armor and Energy shield for gear.

Weapon will be a mace and the character will all ways use a shield.

Spells will be cold focused.

Gems and Jewels are up in the air for now so I would like suggestions.
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2016, 9:53:37 PM
If you want to use cold spells, then don't take weapon nodes like blunt instruments or bone breaker. Spells don't use your weapon to deal damage; their damage base is the spell gem you are using.

Spells also never miss, so resolute technique ain't needed either.
There are still some things that won't work. For example spells don't need accuracy, arcane vision is for low life builds only, mace damage nodes.

Without knowing what spell you want to use there is no way to give advice on what class would be best and how the tree should look like.

If you are starting the game without any experience i advice to choose witch. Pick up fireball and freezing pulse (as hillock reward). Play along with both of them to see what you like better. Once you have to access to firestorm try that spell. Maybe a spell with big area of effect is more to your liking. Try it.

Follow that tree: the first 30 points

If you want to stick to freezing pulse you need crit. Next steps: freezing pulse 60 points

For fire spells pick aoe instead of crit and stick to the templar side. Firestorm tree 60 points

Look out for gear that has + ## to maximum life on it. Second important stat on your gear is resistances.

Basic gem setup:
Freezing pulse - cold penetration - faster projectiles - spell echo (you can drop faster projectiles for controlled destruction if you have 15+% quality on your freezing pulse gem or have projectile speed on your wand or have a karui ward amulet)
Firestorm - fire penetration - controlled destruction - spell echo

Use a wand with +1 to cold or fire gems in the beginning. You can craft one by giving the vendor in town a magic wand + an orb of alteration + a ruby ring (fire wand) or saphire ring (cold wand). Make sure the wand has three linked sockets. -> crafting recipes
I have no interest in playing another witch. 1st Scion build

Current gems on my level 10 Scion Frost Blades main attack. Frost bomb, Added cold support linked to Frost blades. Flame Dash which I may get rid of its not a cold gem.

Frost Blades is on my mace and I get up close and personal with bosses so I want the added damage on the mace.
"
AnPing01 wrote:
I have no interest in playing another witch. 1st Scion build

Current gems on my level 10 Scion Frost Blades main attack. Frost bomb, Added cold support linked to Frost blades. Flame Dash which I may get rid of its not a cold gem.

Frost Blades is on my mace and I get up close and personal with bosses so I want the added damage on the mace.

Sorry. As your account showed no chars and join date october 15th, i assumed you just started the game.
Being more specific in your first post instead of just writing "Spells will be cold focused" might have helped too as that sounded like you wanted to make a spellcaster.

Anyway if you are looking for some help on frost blades, there is a build in the scion builds list and two in the shadow builds list, one ranger frost blades and one templar frost blades.
You'll have to tweak the trees a bit for scion start (pathing outside through the life regeneration nodes to get to the scion life wheel).

Looks like many prefer to use the Touch of Anguish claw.
well it would help's so much which spell you use, so we can make a proper tree for you

your current one is wrong in every possible way

first of you CANT do armor+es either go life + armor or es ( low life or ci )
at the lower lvl you can go hybrid ( lvl 1-70 ) but then swap to ll or CI

the only spells which are cold and viable are

- Ice Storm ( Wisp Ice )
- Ice Spear
- Freezing Pulse
- Arctic Breath
- Vortex

in the current meta i would go crit with every spell, becasue its scale so muhc better ( imo )

so tree would look like that ( CI because its cheaper then LL and better then life bases )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfWCGfyl9tZkzqbXS2ovSeomrGQvoAYVlpSe8ODCUrIRnG0DOq6ytMNfDQKvoo3ZpMnoS8spi-dbAt_xu-IkNYW8yL0EZb5NyY8bRkHHg5I188tixFQ2VuVLl3ySbEfxzW5GyXw1SoLKworeKcrS66P-klRcFIRLwMeLJzpAuwY0NDr9YnTH0EFQiy_X2rDCYw2QZYV17mTrrPQ9Yau8h1Ms1ZjRX7QHw5c7-tq-jsNEQ-smNte99dQMIRIXGvDbW-enKSHE3cHykpfsJu1wzoqOITF

tree should look something like that, a few passivs are preference ( nimbleness/practical appliction )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAALfWCGfyl9tZkzqbXS2ovSeomrGQvoAYVlpSe8ODCUrIRnFvnm6qtAzKSvGznKS18srTX7BLV4cTNZK-ipu1wON3B_6P2L2TJ6EvwzqExU3j_govnWwLf8YqOKZX8kUW8yL0EZY64SY8bRkHHg5ILYuVLl3yH8fw1SoLK3iP-klRcFIsnOv1idMFQsMJjDZBlrmTVUuus9D18h1h4kyzJpVFfgQHIG4OXIPbUDBq-lXGOlgWvysKES8DHh9BCPTAVGpDeA3AGm870B_v69te

life bases could be look like that with all the jewels you can get 170% life which is okay as a caster, more would be better too ( but last life build char is a few years back^^ )
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Oct 17, 2016, 2:36:05 PM
"
Sorry. As your account showed no chars and join date october 15th, i assumed you just started the game.
Being more specific in your first post instead of just writing "Spells will be cold focused" might have helped too as that sounded like you wanted to make a spellcaster.

Anyway if you are looking for some help on frost blades, there is a build in the scion builds list and two in the shadow builds list, one ranger frost blades and one templar frost blades.
You'll have to tweak the trees a bit for scion start (pathing outside through the life regeneration nodes to get to the scion life wheel).

Looks like many prefer to use the Touch of Anguish claw.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. While I have read the forums I've never posted before. I'll keep them in mind when reviewing My Build.

The build is a Scion Templar. Only cold skill gems will be used for attack. Herald of Ice and/or Arctic armor will be on the chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info