[2.4] Gravicius No.1 Fan - Firestorm: The EmberTaming

The guide is nowhere near done, patience please. If you're interested, tell me so I actually bother to add more to it

The Idea
When you first fought Gravicius, did you ever think: "I want that sexy man in my life".. no? Good.

How about "OH MY GOD SO MUCH FIRE I'M DYING HELP". Don't lie, you totally did.

And with this build, now you can inflict the same abject terror on party members and enemies alike as you fill the entire instance with fire and death!

How it works

General Stuff
This uses firestorm along with emberwake + taming to get (in ideal situations) 3000% increased damage against everything you hit. Because ignites scale off the initial hit and then scale the burn again, the initial hits are doing ~30x card damage and the ignites are doing ~144x (30^2*0.8*0.2) card damage over each ignite (assuming you hit full ignite stacks). This is of course more with EO, shock, EW, and totem buffs.
Razor of the Seventh Sun is used for start-up damage before you have a bunch of stacks of ignite, and for the heal on ignite (once again, with life leech from ascendancy passives it becomes irrelevantly small when you have a bunch of stacks).
In the same vein, your taunting flame totem keeps you alive until you get going. Once you're going you should restore your entire health pool basically instantly, so we don't need more than 5-6k health as that (along with capped or almost capped block chance) prevents us being OHKed.. usually.
We also use five reckless defense jewels for the 50% chance to be crit (the ideal rolls on those are 4%/10% for us), allowing us to use avengers flasks and always have charges when we need them. If you get your hands on a "of Light" glove enchant, it keeps you healing too, which is handy.

Combat
Standard combat goes:
> Make sure Tempest Shield is active
> Pop the appropriate resist flask
> Shield Charge into position
> Place flame totem in the middle of everything
> Spam Firestorm on the shiniest enemy until the group is gone
> Repeat

Notes
> Do not open a strongbox when Vaal Fireball is not ready. You will die 99% of the time.
> Do not get cocky against anything that can't be set on fire. Especially the map condition.
> I will add more as I die to various things

Things you'll Need

5x Reckless Defense Jewels (ideally 4%/10%)

Things I recommend

Acuity because we often hit the leech cap, and even though we don't spec into crit much every little bit of instant health helps. You can skip this extra leech entirely or use a vorici affix if you want, up to you. I just had these acuity lying around and they have nice health, int, armor, and the right enchant. You don't need acuity, I just had this pair and they fit the requirements for gloves in my slot. Generally you'll be better off with something that gives +life+int+chaos resist.

Geofri's crest because we can stick +2 to vaal gems in the implicit, use a lv4 empower in it and get lv28 vaal fireball, lv26 flame totem, lv26 Herald of lightning. Depending on your tastes another gear peice with a +1 to gems can work (either the vertex or a corrupt glove / body armor).

Geofri's sanctuary because we have a decent ammount of strength and the health regen we get from the tree is insignificant because we heal almost instantly. This lets you regenerate an extra buffer in-between things that get through block.

Lioneye's remorse because it has nice armor and health, we don't care about move speed, and it makes us better against porcupines and chimerals.

The avenger's flasks of appropriate elemental effect immunity help A LOT because we get crit so much and thus status'd, and extra resists are always nice.

Skill Tree
Passive skill tree
Go for life first, then the can't-be-stunned node, then jewel slots and crit resist, then ignite chance. Pretty simple.

Gems

Gems you REALLY NEED
If you can't get your hands on these, wait until you can. Trust me. It was really painful.
>Lv21 Chance to Ignite Support
>Lv21 Flame Totem
>Lv4 Empower

Links
4L: Fortify + Accuracy + Faster Attacks + Shield Charge
4L: Tempest Shield + Innervate + Increased Crits + Culling
4L (ideally +1 to gems): Empower + Flame Totem + Herald of Lightning + Vaal Fireball
3L: Elemental Weakness + Blasphemy + Increased Area
3L: Reckoning + Vengeance + Knockback
6L: Firestorm + Chance to Ignite + Conc Effect + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Blood Magic
Last edited by Ourous on Oct 6, 2016, 2:09:12 AM
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2016, 10:14:17 AM
poke :) I'm interested to see if this went anywhere.
Not to be a buzz kill, but this thread was kind of a buzz kill. I like the idea of making Emberwake work, so I was excited when I saw this. I was less excited when I found out how prohibitively expensive it seems to be.
I'm playing emberwake+taming triple totem bulid at the moment. Currently using blast rain coupled with Ranged Attack Totem. The highest ignites/s I could achieve with build was 57 ignites/s. With cloak of flames I can definitely reach max ignites to get 3000% boost and it works pretty well for most bosses. T16 chimera for example, stays in the middle of the pit long enough for reaching max ignites. But then T16 hydra moves around all the time making it hard to stack ignites, resulting average dps low. Having problem with shaper too since he never stays in the same spot for longer than 4 seconds. I'm interested to know how you would handle those fast moving bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info