[Moved]

Yes, it's a full passive tree with 22 points left - by "full passive tree," I meant "my character's passive tree at the moment." I left the remaining points up to the reader so they can decide based on their need. As examples, you could assign points in the maximum life nodes near the Scion starting area for more defense, the mace/sword/axe nodes in the Duelist [or Marauder] area for more offense, or some jewel sockets (since jewels are just amazing in general).
hey trying out your build looks good, was wondering wouldent dual strike work as well.
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
hey trying out your build looks good, was wondering wouldent dual strike work as well.

Thanks for reading!

Unfortunately, Dual Strike is less effective because, when coupled with Multistrike, it will only hit 3 times instead of 6, meaning you'll gain half the amount of mana back from the Mana Gain on Hit sources, as well as half the chance to activate Fortify and Taunt. The only other skills I've tested that can hit 6 times are Static Strike and Lacerate.

I didn't choose Static Strike because the initial delay from the AoE explosion sometimes made me lose too much mana to continually use the skill. I also didn't choose Lacerate because the decreased attack speed was counterproductive to quickly triggering the On-Hit effects.
Just need to say this, push this as far as you can, prove that this build can do red maps even if it is slow. Oh ya, try Shaper too. Time for "Interesting builds" to shine, and you must start.
Just saying.
"
tenjou00 wrote:
Just need to say this, push this as far as you can, prove that this build can do red maps even if it is slow. Oh ya, try Shaper too. Time for "Interesting builds" to shine, and you must start.
Just saying.

Oh trust me, I certainly am ;) I've been playing this build almost every day, improving on everything. It's a slow process, but I do hope to get into the later map tiers eventually. Thanks for commenting!
Hi, man that's very interesting. But I've changed smth in the tree to spend more points in damage...

Why don't you use 2 scourge claws, necromancer, CI, and make all the way through the shadow passives, with all ES, claw damage.

in that case you can use Raise zombie-Melee phys.-Minion Damage-Spirit Offering in Kitava's
so you'll have sustain for ES and damage increase by 20% extra chaos.

any way, thank's for the guide, I like it!
ok doing good so far, descovered tho i'm missing part of the tree to duelest tho so dont know what to do. lol
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
"
FadiornRu wrote:
Hi, man that's very interesting. But I've changed smth in the tree to spend more points in damage...

Why don't you use 2 scourge claws, necromancer, CI, and make all the way through the shadow passives, with all ES, claw damage.

in that case you can use Raise zombie-Melee phys.-Minion Damage-Spirit Offering in Kitava's
so you'll have sustain for ES and damage increase by 20% extra chaos.

any way, thank's for the guide, I like it!

Thanks for reading!

Yeah, I can definitely see that as a viable variant :) If you decide to try out your method, please let me know how it goes. I eventually want to try using The Scourge with a bunch of items that add flat physical damage to see how it interacts with the Minion Damage (since The Scourge's base damage is quite low).

As I'm getting feedback for the build, I've noticed that it's far more flexible than I had originally thought. For example, someone suggested a lightning damage variant that uses Static Strike instead of Double Strike (to maintain the 2-hit mechanic), using the Physical to Lightning Support gem on minions, and going dual curses to allow for Conductivity (for shock). I haven't tried it, but it certainly seems interesting.
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
ok doing good so far, descovered tho i'm missing part of the tree to duelest tho so dont know what to do. lol

No worries. Here's what I suggested to someone else:

"
kaype wrote:
For leveling purposes, I tried two methods:

1) Using an elemental weapon (in my case, it was a 1-handed rapier), picking up "increased elemental damage" nodes near the Witch/Templar area, using Anger [or Wrath, depending on the circumstance], and CWDT + Elemental Weakness. I did this until Level 40 or so.

2) Beyond level 40, I refunded all the elemental nodes and removed all the elemental-based skills. Then I switched to a 2-handed weapon with moderate physical damage (in my case, it was "Rigwald's Charge" at Level 44, then "Terminus Est" at Level 51+. Other similar 2-handed melee weapons work just as fine). I also started using Hatred at this time.

Unfortunately, there aren't many melee physical damage nodes near the top of the tree, so you'll really be relying on your minions to cover much of your damage. However, once you're the proper level to equip The Scourge, you'll start seeing a huge difference in damage.

I'll be including a "Tips" section in the main guide soon to help players with leveling the build.
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:

Yeah, same problem here. As my primary damage comes from minions (I haven't gone Elemental damage for leveling), I just went straight to Duelist tree (when finished with Ele tree) and will later refund those nodes, when having Path of Duelist.

And I like that idea above of two scourges, but won't switch from Duelist tree, so let's see how i works out. I rely more on minions, then my own damage, and with Sidhebreath it looks even more viable.
Last edited by MisterAL on Oct 13, 2016, 3:33:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info