Righteous Fire / Elemental Equilibrium question

I read somewhere that righteous fire doesn't count as a hit, so it doesn't effect elemental equilibrium.

So all I need is something that "hits" with cold or lightning damage right?

If I use blade vortex, and one of the support gems is "physical to lightning" would that do it? Is that technically "hitting" with lightning damage?

Or I guess same question. What about blade vortex, but also using "Hatred" aura. That adds cold damage to the blade vortex.
Last edited by VixTrader on Sep 30, 2016, 2:53:14 PM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2016, 4:39:33 PM

mayby this enchant do the job? althought that'd be too easy for poe standards, so probably nope
Burn all the orbs!
yes is the answer for both suggestions in OP.

as long as you hit with something that doesnt have fire in it (in that case, BV), your EE will trigger

a classic way to play pure RF+ cyclone was to have added damage as cold/lightning on cyclone
"
skuadak wrote:

mayby this enchant do the job? althought that'd be too easy for poe standards, so probably nope

that enchant hits with fire, so you actually want to avoid that unless you want your RF to do less damage through EE
So it's actually works for lightning/cold damage?
And for melee only since it's pretty small.
So if I had hege marauder with Glacial hammer, this may work?
Burn all the orbs!
"
skuadak wrote:
So it's actually works for lightning/cold damage?
And for melee only since it's pretty small.
So if I had hege marauder with Glacial hammer, this may work?

any damage you hit with, if it has lightning or cold component will work. glacial hammer, if your toon does not have any fire damage added, will work.

I also believe any enchantment with lighting/cold will work

definitely any melee or ranged attack or spell that hits and has at least 1 damage of cold or lighthing will work. you can look at tooltip and see if a particular skill will deal cold or lighting damage.

in the past Ive had many RF toons, some of the way I used to trigger EE were cyclone with added cold/light on one piece of jewelry, leap slam the same way, ball lightning cwdt, arctic breath cwdt, ice nova cwdt, there are many ways to make it work. just make sure there is no added fire through skills or ascendancies or items ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info