[2.6] Chaos Animate Weapon Necromancer (EHC level 100!)

Hey nice build, why exactly do we use animate guardian? does he serve as a good tank? and what kind of items should he be equipped with?
I have been playing this in SC about 5 levels behind uber. Apparently we both based it off the same chaos animator from a previous league.

I was using Death's Oath as my Animate Guardian and it deals impressive chaos damage (especially if I wither) but he died in higher tier maps (Colosseum) so I'm using Zahd Cassock for chaos resist now.

I use Culling Strike on my Animate Guardian and I think it's an amazing link this league with all the boss-matters mechanics. It helps with everything, including Izaro, Atziri, and beyond bosses (Zana map mod for 3 chaos).

I haven't finished my Crude Bow, I use it on switch for SRS in case my weapons all die. I am still using a well rolled Queens Escape that I got on day 3 of the league.

Just as a warning, it takes a LOT of Essence of Fear to roll items that make it worth it to unequip your current ring/amulet/Queen's Escape. I got really lucky early with a ring that rolled life, resists and mana and all but I eventually needed a big str/Dex ring from Poe.trade for 5c so I can run Blood of corruption if I want to.

I was running this build on mana up until level 70 or so because my animate weapon was manageable in a 5link (with mana on gear but not on the tree except Quick Recovery). I'm afraid that a 6link animate weapon simply requires Eldritch Battery due to the 180~ mana cost needed in bursts.

It is annoying to run uber lab because I can only burst down Izaro and ignore his mechanics. If he has brutal mechanics that day then I might just die in phase 3 to his powered up form before I can Culling Strike him.
Last edited by NorrYtt on Oct 4, 2016, 5:24:24 AM
Why no Zealots Oath for ES regen? Don't you find its hard to recharge it in maps where you take dmg a lot (like burning ground).

Did you consider using Victarios Charity + necromantic aegis. Seems like 3 frenzy charges would be great with weapons.
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
"
Starlight85 wrote:
Why no Zealots Oath for ES regen? Don't you find its hard to recharge it in maps where you take dmg a lot (like burning ground).

Did you consider using Victarios Charity + necromantic aegis. Seems like 3 frenzy charges would be great with weapons.

I use the flask, Sorrow of the Divine, for ES regen - it gives me Zealot's Oath for a few seconds whenever I use it and is pretty much always available. Also, degens do not affect natural ES recharge when you have Eldritch Battery. Having my regen be on life most of the time I'm playing is very nice and also really helpful if I want to do a lab run.

Victario's Charity + Necromantic Aegis was an option, however:

1. LAG. Gigantic amounts of lag.
2. You lose the option of a +1 bow and a quiver for extra stats too. +1 not only raises damage but also raises minion life.

In response to NorrYtt, I'm going to probably add a section about uber lab with this build. You can't do the trials with this build very well, but labbing is possible and I'll probably need to make a video about it. Some days it is just simply not safe because yes, you literally can only burst izaro. But when both mechanics are easy, you can do 4 key runs.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Thanks for sharing your build. Have made a slightly different version of it with fated queens escape sword and spell totem for the AW. Plays a lot easier.
I have a problem in running 3 curses and disciplin. My curses reserve 25 % and my discipline 29%. I took all the reduced reservation nodes as you did. How did you solve the problem?
Ty for help 😊👍🏻
Would you recommend Jorrhast's Blacksteel?
"
jehoba wrote:
Thanks for sharing your build. Have made a slightly different version of it with fated queens escape sword and spell totem for the AW. Plays a lot easier.
I have a problem in running 3 curses and disciplin. My curses reserve 25 % and my discipline 29%. I took all the reduced reservation nodes as you did. How did you solve the problem?
Ty for help 😊👍🏻

You are probably missing Conqueror's Efficiency jewel, you get it as a reward from Merciless Crypt.

Jorrhast's Blacksteel misses out on minion movement speed and the Less Duration modifier really sucks to deal with. It's really nice for things like Labyrinth though.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
I love animated weapon.
Thanks to you I finally tried it myself. Its the most fun I ever had in this game.
I managed to do most to all bosses, atleast those I tried up to tier 13.

Atziri did not go well. Any boss that uses phases is a HUGE problem.
There are some AW atziri videos out there but my tries did not go as advertised.
I loose all weapons on the first flameblasts. The small bosses piror to the final fight are a cake walk.

Then what about stuff like Hall of GM? Those other guardians with boss-phases.
I love the playstlye so much I wish it would just be more universially viable.

Maybe use SRS on weapon swap with some kind? Would this work with the chaos route?
Meta-game holds no value - Play with what you like!
Last edited by Ycan on Oct 6, 2016, 5:34:23 PM
Last edited by jardocanthate on Oct 7, 2016, 10:44:31 AM
Good stuff. Definitely trying this build out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info