Made the prototype, you tell me what to do with it

I would like you to have a look at the character Ryakama.
Its still wearing leveling gear and generally terrible stuff I just want to present the baseline of where I wanna go with this abomination.
Dual Consuming Dark and Pyre convert Vortex to fire and then to mainly chaos with a bit of fire. Warlords Mark and Poachers Mark generate Charges.
Vortex sets of Kitava's And discharge goes Boom. Because of the Conversion both Endurance and Frenzy Charges end up being mostly Chaos with a bit of fire. On top of that we get the poison and dont forget profane bloom which makes it absolutely fabulous.
now the tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAN-K6QJLrhsl2VttGRFQNbmnKyL0bAuTJ3_GwcXsGCy_FdeGrlZjj_pJE5Mf5liJ4PDVSVH5N--IEZYOSF3yKwoRL-tjtUhMs9Af7-s7DREPrJj311Kvm6Fn_LtN3V8YaiepWAeESFxrw21-WSY8OVKIQh3ZQ1T0cYMJ189Jsb6KoS_K07QM6roNfEZxNAo3ZiymKlOycCo4Go_22vsJGYrDOoTFm7VfsMpK8YrP3W-eG8ily1WFNj188JEHfqFp2Lv8FX7G95J0l_RSUz1fl5Vwu9kTL2_Q0F9qdFVfKpDW4YgdqohbsAsW8y-d

So much for my ideas, here are my thoughts as of now:

- the links arent really smart. Right now I am just trying to stay over 100 manacost since I dont have a fevered mind jewel but certainly there are better supports for Vortex aswell as discharge.

- there are a lot of uniques in this build which makes getting enough resists aswell as the required Dex and Strength really difficult. Also I would like to get Death's Door for another endurance charge since I dont have that high max charges. If I go by the tree and get these boots Ill end up with 5 end and 4 frenzy thats not a lot.

-I have zero chances to get a volls devotion otherwise Id go forbidden power. Result is that I find it hard to generate charges fast enough aside from my dual curse setup. What do I do? Endurance charge on melee stun with vengeance seems clunky and needs a lot of strength probably. Enduring cry...same here.

- Even though I wont get the volls, I still wonder if Void beacon is worth more than forbidden power. More charges vs. -20% chaos res. what is better here?

- Lets say I get a high ES six link Vaal regalia (keep dreaming..) and my beloved death's door, then my ES still wont be that high. Id like to get 9k minimum, discipline sure helps but man red maps are going to be tough

Aside from all that, tell me what I could do with this. I never played either CI or Discharge before so this is a big pile of wierdness for me right now.
Is the Chaos part really worth it? Is the whole Idea worth it or should I have done it on a juggernaut, go lifebased and smile?
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2016, 8:15:10 PM
So to start, fire conversion vortex has been done and is a powerful option. So you aren't completely off base as to it working. I don't have answers to all of your concerns because a bunch of them boil down to "try it and see if it works".

Here is what I can tell you:

1) Spell Cost - If you are trying to bump the spell cost, consider going full crit. It will give you better ignite/shatter opportunites with discharge and vortex. Also it allows you to use voidbringer gloves which is great ES, tons of spell crit, as well as the increase in mana cost that will help you easily get to 100+ cost.

2) The big issue with kativa's is not getting to 100 mana...but getting 100 mana back. How are you planning on sustaining the Kativa's cost? As fast as you are using the 100 mana, you need to gain it back. You could use something like Atziri's Splendour (ES version) which gives you 100 mana/life on kill. However you would basically be ass out on boss kills. Your current amount of total mana and regen won't allow you to function with only a little bit of unreserved mana. You are going double curse + disicpline? That's a LOT of mana reserve. Even with reservation nodes, you would probably still need a Heretic's Veil or something to reduce it even further. Even if you get 400 free mana (you would get way less w/ your current setup) it would be difficult to sustain Kativa's.

3) boss kills. The build you are putting together will struggle on bosses. vortex is great for bosses, however you need to ensure you can get the mana to sustain multiple vortexes on bosses at all times. At 100 mana per cast I don't think you will be able to sustain. Also it is much harder to get status ailments on bosses, so the ignite/freeze damage will be negligible. If you do this, you will have to put a lot of thought in how to sustain. I honestly think you would be better off just focusing on vortex/chaos/fire and ignore the kativa's.

4) Curses for charge: relying on curses for charges is a dangerous game. Especially with the introduction of hexproof in map mods. Also you are relying on killing mobs for a CHANCE to get charges. I would probably use some kind of power charge on crit mechanic to try and get charges. Maybe Orb of storms + PCoC + Inc AOE + Inc Duration on a 4L? Dunno...you gotta think about it though. Personally I would go Forbidden power instead of Void beacon. Keep in mind though, that the crit roll on Vortex is ON CAST and not PER TIC of degen. meaning everytime you cast vortex, it either crits or doesn't. That might slow your forbidden power procs. You have to test it.

Personally if I were to try something like this, I would do it as a Miner. Occultist CI miner isn't bad. You could even go Saboteur Shadow for it as well. I use an occultist bladefall trapper that feels OP even with just 8K ES with super high regen w/o disicpline. (I'm also using ming's heart on that character).

Also don't rely on vile bastion for stun resistance. That is a real concern as CI. Also Freeze. Make sure you don't underestimate it because stun-lock/freeze-lock deaths are the number one killer of CI builds.
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 29, 2016, 5:31:41 PM
... double post
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 29, 2016, 5:27:35 PM
... triple post lol sorry.
Last edited by Prizy on Sep 29, 2016, 5:27:58 PM
Okay first of all, thanks. Thats some advice.

Sooo to part one I can say I allready use voidbringers, I just didnt go for crit because of the skillpoints I had to invest. Gotta cut some stuff to make that happen.

Manasustain actually is a big problem. So far I relied on leech from warlords mark aswell as a mana pot which means yeah, hexproof and bosses are sketchy to say the least. I havent found a good solution to that one although I guess i will need to invest in mana a lot more since I cant possibly fit another unique in there because of my resists.

Relying on curses isnt the way to go thats correct but power charges dont really help my cause since I cant convert them. The whole idea is based on the conversion. I just dont know how I could safely generate other charges without volls.

I dont really want to rely on vile bastion and I could go with Eye of chayula but before I can do that I need to fix my problem with strength gain.

Traps/Mines arent really my cup of tea unfortunately. Dont know why just doesnt feel good.
Anyway, if Kitavas is the problem Iam not quite sure how to pull it off. Kitava seemed way easier for my cause than going CoC.
"
Pyrollusion wrote:
Okay first of all, thanks. Thats some advice.

Sooo to part one I can say I allready use voidbringers, I just didnt go for crit because of the skillpoints I had to invest. Gotta cut some stuff to make that happen.

Manasustain actually is a big problem. So far I relied on leech from warlords mark aswell as a mana pot which means yeah, hexproof and bosses are sketchy to say the least. I havent found a good solution to that one although I guess i will need to invest in mana a lot more since I cant possibly fit another unique in there because of my resists.

Relying on curses isnt the way to go thats correct but power charges dont really help my cause since I cant convert them. The whole idea is based on the conversion. I just dont know how I could safely generate other charges without volls.

I dont really want to rely on vile bastion and I could go with Eye of chayula but before I can do that I need to fix my problem with strength gain.

Traps/Mines arent really my cup of tea unfortunately. Dont know why just doesnt feel good.
Anyway, if Kitavas is the problem Iam not quite sure how to pull it off. Kitava seemed way easier for my cause than going CoC.

Well if you are looking to get endurance charges at a rate where the discharge matters, then voll's is kinda mandatory. You can try a different ascendancy like templar - hierophant that gives you a chance to gain an e-charge when you gain a p-charge. Just remember discharge works just as well with lightning damage. It also gives you a ton of crit which makes you discharges hit a bit harder.

I'm not sure. The task you are setting for yourself is difficult because frenzy charges are the hardest charges to generate. followed by endurance charges (there is really just endurance charge on melee stun which doesn't proc from vortex). Only reason I would suggest power charge discharge is because it will be easier for you to get the charges.

If you are stacking a ton of regen there is also the blood rage option for extra frenzy charges.

Last edited by Prizy on Sep 29, 2016, 10:07:04 PM
I was afraid youd say that. Well...that means either I get my Volls or I scrap the baseidea and do something that works. What a time to be alive.
Little update here,

so I lucked out and got good six link(beast fur shawl omfg), bought deaths door and put that Orb of storms to the test. PCoC is actually okay, I put in mana leech aswell which was surprisingly helpful. Ill slowly change my tree around to get some critnodes plus some more mana.

I gotta say..even without volls it feels kinda good right now. In higher content this may change but I think it could be fine. One problem is that I would need to find another chest for my resists in order to be able to wear volls if I ever get one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info