Help With Marauder!

Hi all, I need some help trouble shooting any issue I'm having with my current build. I'm trying to copy Hegemony's leap sweep but I have trouble doing enough damage to kill bosses. Clearing isn't really an issue, it really come's down to the bosses where things go sideways.

Running this right now at level 79. Showing around 30k cyclone and 23k sweep DPS, but having trouble killing bosses after T6 maps, and not even consider running uber lab.

What am I missing here? Would voidheart be a good addition? Is my maul DPS too low? Any help would be appreciated!

Here's my gear at the moment:

EDIT: Here's a link to my passive tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAGRAdwEswUtBsYHdQmWDc0S4RQgFPYaOBzOITQhVScgJy8rUCz7LdIx-zSOOQ462Ds7PAU9Dz38QKBBP0a3R35QR1HmWGNdpF4TXz9lTWZUaPJyqXasd1N343fleWh673y7fNl_44KbhNmE74VShXuGO4dqiiKMz5BVkGyS0JSHl3maO57Fn9-iAKLqqSepbqmUrY2vp7Qvu-29Nr6nwAHAZsCmwQTEuMT2xtjLHs9-0jjTb9X42WHcPd3V37LkUeoY6wnsOO8O73zwH_ON9IP2SPcy-Ov-VA==
Last edited by UUD40 on Sep 28, 2016, 11:23:07 AM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 3:59:35 PM
When you say you have trouble killing bosses, what is the issue? That you don't have the DPS and it takes too long? Or that you are getting killed too easily? Your build and gear look good honestly. Voidheart WOULD be a good addition for single target, as poison stacks/bleeding will expedite boss kills significantly. Your weapon is a little low on DPS. It is a 342 pDPS maul, and a 428.4 DPS overall maul. You can definitely get higher DPS weapons, but you would potentially lose the 6L. Quality on some of your gems will also increase your damage, as a lot of melee gems get Increased damage per X% quality.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
When you say you have trouble killing bosses, what is the issue? That you don't have the DPS and it takes too long? Or that you are getting killed too easily? Your build and gear look good honestly. Voidheart WOULD be a good addition for single target, as poison stacks/bleeding will expedite boss kills significantly. Your weapon is a little low on DPS. It is a 342 pDPS maul, and a 428.4 DPS overall maul. You can definitely get higher DPS weapons, but you would potentially lose the 6L. Quality on some of your gems will also increase your damage, as a lot of melee gems get Increased damage per X% quality.

My DPS is low enough that I cannot deal any significant damage before leaching or flasks cannot sustain me anymore. I am thinking that main issue is with DPS, but 30k, from what I have seen in some build guides, should be good enough to even get you through Atziri.

I'm going to try to get a voidheart and a Marohi, see if that bumps up the DPS enough to help out. I have played builds with bleed and poison, and even with a significantly lower DPS, unique mod kills are a walk in the park.
"
UUD40 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

My DPS is low enough that I cannot deal any significant damage before leaching or flasks cannot sustain me anymore. I am thinking that main issue is with DPS, but 30k, from what I have seen in some build guides, should be good enough to even get you through Atziri.

I'm going to try to get a voidheart and a Marohi, see if that bumps up the DPS enough to help out. I have played builds with bleed and poison, and even with a significantly lower DPS, unique mod kills are a walk in the park.
Marohi is okay at best. The problem with Marohi, and skills like Cyclone or Sweep is that it is TOO SLOOOOOW. I would actually maybe consider speccing into Axes instead of maces, and pick up a Hezmana's Bloodlust. This is an inexpensive end-game viable axe that can carry you well beyond where you are stuck now.
U MAD?
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

So I got a voidheart and a much better pDPS mace, and it makes quite a large difference. Granted, the total DPS isn't much higher than my previous, the pDPS is around 100 higher..(340 vs 440 pDPS).

Still could get a higher DPS weap when I can afford it, but it's a good start. Not sure what else needs to happen to make him more end game viable though.
"
UUD40 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

So I got a voidheart and a much better pDPS mace, and it makes quite a large difference. Granted, the total DPS isn't much higher than my previous, the pDPS is around 100 higher..(340 vs 440 pDPS).

Still could get a higher DPS weap when I can afford it, but it's a good start. Not sure what else needs to happen to make him more end game viable though.

Much nicer weapon. Now imagine what Marohi would have been like. Basically it has 2/3 of the APS of your new mace, and for a fast hitting skill like Sweep, that would be awful.

There are a few pieces of gear that could have higher life rolls on them, you can get quality on support gems that will give you a lot of damage, and of course, 6 linking your chest. Basically, a lot of little min-maxing things now. You have a good foundation together. You could also, as you level further, pick up some more jewel sockets on the tree, and get some GG jewels, which can be VERY powerful and efficient additions to a character. Getting Area Damage, Melee Damage, Physical Damage, % Life, Attack Speed, etc. on jewels can be expensive, but ultimately is usually well worth the investment. You could also divine the Voidheart to have a higher poison chance. Good luck!
U MAD?
I don't pay much attention to build guides, and I don't know exactly how you're splitting time between Sweep and Cyclone (Cyclone for bosses perhaps?), but here are a few ideas that came to me.

1) On 6L Sweep -- replace Fortify with either Added Fire for more damage or possibly Life Leech -- and regularly use a bit of Cyclone to keep your Fortify buff going

2) On 5L Cyclone -- replace Fortify with Life Leech -- and use Sweep often enough to keep Fortify going

3) On 4L Leap Slam -- replace Endurance Charge on Melee Stun w/Fortify which allows you to replace Fortify elsewhere with other support gems. I'm not sure how crucial Endurance charges are to your build -- do you stun a lot and continually generate Endurance charges with a relatively low DPS Leap Slam attack?

4) On 4L Leap Slam -- replace Blood Magic support with Fortify (and keep End Charge on Melee Stun). Are you really unable to use Leap Slam combo (linked to support gems which have low mana multipliers) without the Blood Magic? Another option is to keep your Leap Slam gem at a very low level to keep the mana cost lower since Leap Slam isn't really intended for dealing max damage. However, levels on melee gems don't provide big DPS gains anyway.

5) get a 6L chest for your Cyclone of course. I'm going to assume you don't have extra EX sitting around or you'd already have one, but you did just buy the Voidheart ring. That isn't cheap, is it? (I'm kinda out of the loop when it comes to prices of popular items.)

6) consider incorporating the Bloodlust support gem into either your Sweep or Cyclone linkages. The Voidheart ring already has monsters Bleeding 36% of the time. The Bloodlust gem will apply 40-59% MORE melee physical damage to bleeding monsters.
Last edited by brenspin on Sep 29, 2016, 2:22:31 PM
"
UUD40 wrote:
Granted, the total DPS isn't much higher than my previous, the pDPS is around 100 higher..(340 vs 440 pDPS).

440/340 is 1.294, or 29.4% more Damage. Most people I can think of would say that is a huge bonus. Like if you started with 30,000 tooltip you'd get about +9,000 tooltip, which is very noticeable, or if you had 100,000 tooltip to begun with you'd gain 29,400 tooltip which is just massive to gain from just one weapon switch (of course with 340 pDPS I suppose you wouldn't have reached 100,000 in the beginning unless you were playing expensive flicker).

For comparison, resident poster Vipermagi considers 12.5% net-gain (more damage) to be very noticeable.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info