Question about Ascendant and Totems

Sooo long-story-short Im trying to decide between Occultist and Slayer for my Totem build (spark totem)...

Have a couple questions:
1. Does the 20% increased damage from killing cursed enemies (Occultist) work with totems? The tooltip doesn't change but I guess it could be potentially effecting the totems that Ive already cast. Can someone confirm?
2. Do the totems get culling strike and the 30% inc dmg against rares from Slayer?

The ES benefit of occultist is pretty "meh" for me and I think Id rather have culling strike if all of the effects work properly with totems.

Thoughts/Advice welcome.

Thanks.
TeenageEsthetician
ElectriCooter

Playing PoE since July 2012.
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 7:55:12 PM
^
TeenageEsthetician
ElectriCooter

"
Temptation123 wrote:
2. Do the totems get culling strike and the 30% inc dmg against rares from Slayer?

Yes.

"
Temptation123 wrote:
1. Does the 20% increased damage from killing cursed enemies (Occultist) work with totems?

Only if you kill an enemy. You'll get the offensive bonus on kill and thereby the totem gets it too. The problem is that it is difficult to kill something with ancestral bond as you don't deal any damage.

One way to do that: If you have culling strike you can kill enemies without dealing damage. All that is required is you to hit something that has 10% or less life left. You could use for example power siphon which has a build in culling strike for that purpose. Or link culling strike support with a skill.
If you have slayer (and the totems too have culling strike) you can use any skill and hope that you hit and cull before the totems do.

Thanks a lot for info, Looks like I will need to spec out of occultist and into Slayer :D
TeenageEsthetician
ElectriCooter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info