Unreadable message?

I show "1 MESSAGE" in yellow at the top of my screen, indicating I have a new unread message.

But there is nothing new in my inbox, and when I filter to unread messages only, there is nothing at all.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 10:03:24 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
I show "1 MESSAGE" in yellow at the top of my screen, indicating I have a new unread message.

But there is nothing new in my inbox, and when I filter to unread messages only, there is nothing at all.

I'd clear your browser cookies and login session for pathofexile.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I'd clear your browser cookies and login session for pathofexile.com

Thanks, but I even see it when I log in with another browser (IE; I usually use FF). I wonder what could be causing it...
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Thanks, but I even see it when I log in with another browser (IE; I usually use FF). I wonder what could be causing it...

I assume you've done a Ctrl-F5 hard reload of the page.

Are you sure the new message isn't located pages down in your list of PMs? For example, if you're using the new functionality to PM you when you get quoted in threads, these updates could easily scroll an actual PM at least a page or two down. Just because a PM is unread doesn't mean it's at the top of your PM list: it goes by date only.

If you're absolutely certain there are no new PMs, and you've cleared your cache (cookies and session) for ALL browsers you've used for pathofexile.com, I'd contact Novynn directly with a PM, as he's the GGG Web Developer who replies to the Bug Reports forum about website issues. It's possible he'd prefer a bug report on the Bug Reports forum instead of PM, but can't hurt to ask him first. Of course you can always contact GGG support directly by sending them an e-mail.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 27, 2016, 3:04:16 PM
Yes. And now I'm using a completely different computer, in a different location. I'll PM Novynn and direct him to this thread.

Thanks so much for your advice.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Hi there! Thanks for your report.

We've tracked down the issue and solved it temporarily for you and the three others affected.

A permanent solution will be live in an upcoming patch!
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
"
Novynn wrote:
Hi there! Thanks for your report.

We've tracked down the issue and solved it temporarily for you and the three others affected.

A permanent solution will be live in an upcoming patch!

Awesome, thank you!

What was the issue, if you don't mind sharing? Perhaps I can prevent it in the future, if I know what caused it.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Sep 28, 2016, 2:01:47 AM
Thread notifications currently aren't always being cleaned up correctly when the thread they belong to are deleted.

So avoid getting your threads deleted and you'll be golden! ;)
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
Last edited by Novynn on Sep 28, 2016, 2:29:29 AM
"
Novynn wrote:
Thread notifications currently aren't always being cleaned up correctly when the thread they belong to are deleted.

So avoid getting your threads deleted and you'll be golden! ;)

Dammit, does that mean I have to give up all my NSFW spam threads in GD?

(j/k.)
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info